𝐗𝐗

During that same morning, Dean and Karina were at the hospital. Dean was sitting on a chair beside Bobby, while Karina was standing beside Bobby across from Dean. Bobby was sitting in bed, looking over the papers from the investigation.

Karina couldn't help but think about what Bobby's wife was yelling at him. She crossed her arms by asking him, "Hey... Bobby... those things that your wife told you... Did that happen?"

Bobby looked down, sad in his eyes. He lightly shook his head, "Everybody got into hunting somehow."

"I'm so sorry..."

He shook his head, looking between them. "Don't be sorry. If it weren't for you guys, I'd still be lost in there... or dead. Thank you."

Dean softened his smile on Bobby, Bobby looked at Dean for a moment. Proud of him. Karina gently put on Bobby's shoulder, softly smiling at him. Bobby looked up at Karina, feeling so proud of her too.

Especially all the rumors he heard, and lores about her. He couldn't be happier for her being his family, especially to her boys. He looked up at Karina and gently patted her hand on his shoulder.

Sam entered, seeing Bobby and Karina have a connection to each other. They moved their hands away, waiting for Sam's reveal on Jeremy. He walked up, standing beside Karina.

"So... the stoner boy wasn't in his dorm. My guess is he's long gone by now."

"He ain't much of a stoner." Bobby picked up a picture of Jeremy and looked at it.

Dean asked, "No?"

"No. His name's Jeremy Frost-- full-on genius-- 160 I.Q. which is saying something. Considering his dad took a baseball bat to his head.'

Bobby picked another paper and handed it to Sam. "Here's Father of the Year. He died before Jeremy was 10."

Sam commented on the picture, "Looks like a real sweetheart."

"Injury gave him Charcot-Wilbrand, he hasn't dreamt since."

Karina spoke up, "That's when he was drugging himself with the root."

"Yep."

Dean asked, "How did he know how to dig up your worst nightmare and throw it at you?"

"Hey, he was rooting around in my skull. God knows what he saw in there."

Sam asked Bobby, "Yeah, how'd he get in there in the first place? Isn't he supposed to have some of your hair, your DNA, or something?"

Karina inferred, "Yeah."

"Yeah. Before I knew it was him, he offered me a beer. I drank it. Dumbest friggin thing."

Dean's face came to the realization, he was giving a nervous laugh. "Oh, I don't know. It wasn't that dumb."

Sam, Karina, and Bobby looked at him with his comment. Karina tilted her head at Dean, eyes widened. Sam inferred, "Dean, you didn't."

Dean defended, "I was thirsty."

Karina shouted at him, "Are you serious?!? Brilliant! Now he's going after either one of you."

"Well, now we just have to find him first."

Sam and Karina shook their heads at Dean. Bobby mentioned. "We better work fast...  and coffee up. 'Cause, the one thing we cannot do is fall asleep."

***

Two days later. Two days later after not finding Jeremy. Two days later after Dean caffeinated pissed off. Dean was behind the wheel, zoned in. Pissing off. Sam was sitting next to him. Karina was leaning against the front seat in the back, reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.