𝐈𝐈𝐈

Night falls as Dean expected. Things have come to an end. Hailey and Ben came together in front of the fire, and Roy was keeping watch. Dean and Karina were drawing the Anasazi symbols to keep Wendigo away. Every time Roy says a word, all she thinks is stabbing him with her knives.

Meanwhile, Sam was sitting on a log, quiet and full of thoughts in his mind. Karina looked over at him; doesn't feel anything to him except a connection. Dean interrupts her thoughts by walking over to him.

Karina stays close to the boys to keep an eye on them behind the tree. Dean sits by his brother, who is still drowned in thoughts. "You want to tell me what's going on in that freaky head of yours?"

"Dean..."

"No, you're not fine. You're like a powder keg, man. It's not like you. I'm supposed to be a belligerent one, remember?"

"Dad's not here. I mean, that much we know for sure, right? He would have left us a message, a sign, right?"

"Yeah, you're probably right. To tell you the truth, I don't think Dad's ever been to Lost Creek."

"Then let's get these people back to town, and let's hit the road... Go find Dad. I mean, why are we still even here?"

Dean kneeled down in front of Sam and showed him an example. John's journal.

"This is why... this book. This is Dad's single most valuable possession. Everything he knows about every evil thing is in here, and he's passed it on to us. I think he wants us to pick up where he left off. You know, saving people, hunting things... the family business."

Sam rubbed his face, "That makes no sense. Why--why doesn't he just call us? Or Karina? Why doesn't he tell us what he wants, tell us where he is?"

"I don't know. Even Karina doesn't know... But the way I see it, Dad's given us a job to do, and I intend to do it."

"Dean... No. I gotta find Dad. I gotta find Jessica's killer. It's the only thing I can think about."

"Okay, all right. Sam, we'll find them. I promise. Listen to me. You've got to prepare yourself. I mean, this search could take a while. And all that anger, you can't keep it burning over the long haul. It's gonna kill you. You got to have patience, man."

Sam shook his head, slightly amazed by his brother's words, "How do you do it? How does Dad do it?"

Dean turned his head to the people in front of the fire, "Well, for one, them." Sam followed Dean's eyes, seeing Hailey and Ben warming together. "I mean, I figure our family's so screwed to Hell. Maybe we can help some others. It makes things a little bit more bearable. And I'll tell you what else helps..."

Sam looks at Dean, finishing his last thought, "Killing as many evil sons of bitches as I possibly can." The boys smiled slightly at each other.

Karina's head turned away from them, staring at the distance. Not feeling anything after Dean had said. Sure, it was right, but she's empty inside. More like, soulless. She taught herself years and years to stay emotionless after her father's death.

Humanity is a true weakness, she said to herself. Nothing can change that, even her case.

A screaming voice from the distance interrupts the people. Begging for help. More knowingly, the trio knows that Wengido is drawing them by mimicking the voice. People come together, staying inside the circle to protect themselves. Winchesters grabbed their flashlights, and their guns ready for anything.

Karina reminded the people, "It's trying to draw us out. Just stay calm and stay together in a circle."

"Inside the magic circle, lady?"