𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

In the morning, Sam Winchester and Karina Leone got an emergency call from Lanie. She got a visit from her mother, and it wasn't an exciting experience for her. As soon as they both entered the motel room, they saw Dean Winchester researching quickly on the couch. He didn't take his eyes off the laptop when he asked, "What's up?"

Sam answered, "The girl, Lanie-- her mom's ghost spooked her out pretty bad last night."

"That sucks."

"Yeah, it does. What are you doing?"

"I think my Dad's right. I think the demon is here. Check it out." He handed some papers to Sam and Karina. They read the papers for a moment while Dean walked to his bag on his bed.

Karina asked, "Are those weather reports?"

"Omens--demonic omens. Electrical storms everywhere we've been for the past two weeks."

Sam inferred, "I don't remember any lightning storms."

"Well, I don't remember you studying meteorology as a kid, either. But I'm telling you-- that bastards' been tailing me... wearing some poor dude's meat."

Karina asked, "It's following you because...?"

Dean looked up with a smirk on his face, "I guess I'm big game, you know. My ass is too sweet to let out of sight." Sam and Karina were silent on his words, looking down at the papers. Dean rolled his eyes by walking up to them, grabbing the papers back. "Don't get too excited, Sammy and Kay. Might pull something."

They both shared a knowing look before Sam turned to Dean, "Dean, look, we want to believe this, man. We really do."

"Then believe it! If we get this sucker, it's Miller Time."

Karina rubbed her face, looking at him. "That's another thing too. John suddenly found an exorcism that killed a demon which he should've found years ago? Not send it back to Hell, but to actually kill it?"

Dean passed Karina, grabbing the papers from the table. "I've checked it out. This is heavy-duty Dark Ages. 15th century." He handed those to them, without looking at them.

"Dean, we both already checked that. Bobby did, too."

"Okay. And?"

"Yes, it is an exorcism, but there's no evidence that it can kill a demon."

"No evidence it can't."

Sam and Karina called his name in worry, "Dean... come on."

"Hey, as far as I'm aware the only one of us who has actually been to Hell is Dad. Okay? And maybe he picked up a couple of tricks down there, like which exorcisms work?"

Sam replied, "Maybe it does. I hope it does too, but we got to be sure."

"Why aren't we sure?"

"'Cause we don't know what's going on around here, Dean! I mean, some guy blows his brains out, a little girl is scared out of her wits."

Dean looked at Sam, yelling at him. "Wow, man! A couple of civvies are freaked out by some ghosts. News flash, Sam-- people are supposed to be freaked out by ghosts!"

Sam and Karina looked at Dean, completely hopeless. Seeing the past was catching up to him, they can tell that he was scared of what was coming next. Only the orders from John Winchester can be blinded to forget the fears he had kept before.

Karina sighed as she asked, "John tell you where to find the demon?"

Dean yelled at her as he picked up the phone, "I'm waiting on the call!"