𝐗𝐗𝐈

After Dean and Karina witnessed the weirdest case from last night, Dean finally called Sam to explain what they found. Or in other words, Karina called Sam and he talked to them while he was on speaker.

He repeated what they both found, "The scarecrow climbed off its cross?"

Dean was speaking to Sam while he was driving, "Hey, I'm telling you, Burkittsville, Indiana. Fun town."

"It didn't kill the couple, did it?"

Karina shook her head, "No. We saved them at the close second. Thank God."

"Something must be animating it--a spirit."

"No, it's more than the spirit. It's something to do with a god. Pagan God, actually."

"What makes you say that?"

"The annual cycle of its killings, the second week of April. Every year. It's always a man and woman like it's a fertility rite."

Dean continued on, "Man, you should've seen the locals. The way they treated this couple--fattening them up like Christmas turkey."

Sam replied, "The last meal... given to sacrificial victims."

"Yeah, me and Karina were thinking of ritual sacrifice to appease the Pagan God."

"So a god possesses the scarecrow..."

"The scarecrow takes on the sacrifice. And for another year, the crops won't wilt and disease won't spread."

"You guys know which god you're dealing with?"

Karina answered, "Nope, not yet."

"If you can figure out what it is, you can figure out a way to kill it."

"We're actually heading our way to a community college. There is a professor who can help us."

Dean continued on, "You know, we don't have our trusty sidekick geeky boy to all the research. But Karina is with me, anyway."

"You know if you're hinting you need my help, Dean, just ask."

Karina takes a glance at Dean, looking down at the road, "I'm not hinting anything."

He took a quick look at Karina and gave him a pointed look. He continued, "Actually... uh... I want you to know... I mean, don't think..."

"Yeah, I'm sorry, too."

"Sam... you were right. You got to do your own thing. You gotta live your own life."

"You're serious?"

"You've always known what you want, and you go after it. You stand up to Dad. You always have. Hell, I wish I... anyway. I admire that about you. I'm proud of you, Sammy."

Karina smiled after Dean's speech. She's tapping the back on her shoulder in her mind, for calling Sam in the first place. To let them talk. It turned out... Dean had Sam by his side.

Sam in the other line, "I don't even know what to say."

"Say you'll take care of yourself."

"I will."

"Call me or Karina when you find Dad."

"Okay, bye guys."

Karina replies with a goodbye before hanging up on her phone, she turns to Dean. She gave him a soft smile, "You did good, partner..."

"Well, if you weren't for your advice. Thank you."

"No problem."

"I meant it, though. What I said to the Dr. Jekyll version of Sam, you're not a waste of time. You really read me and Sam, somehow you knew it. So really, thank you."