𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

For the 45-minute ride to the uptown, the taxi driver was quiet on the ride over. Alex graduated from college as he lived alone in the apartment due to his parents' financial background. She stood in front of a tall five-floor brick apartment with surrounding windows.

She entered the building and took an elevator, pressing the number four button. She counted the numbers showing above the doors. She was smiling in anticipation. The doors went open as she took the right, walking down the hallway. She stopped in front of door 4F, then she knocked.

Karina inhaled as she heard the closer footsteps coming to the door. The locks unlocked to reveal a smiling Alex at the doorway. He was wearing a soft black blouse and dark jeans. "Hey."

Karina smiled, "Hi."

She entered as he invited her in. She unzipped her jacket, revealing a black off-shoulder top with sleeves. Alex grabbed her jacket and hung it on the coat hanger next to him. She took in the view of the property, everything was modern and classy. The window view was the best part, there was a view of a hill from afar.

"Sunset was the best view there is."

"I love it." She turned to Alex, looking into his eyes. "I love sunsets."

"Good. Want something to drink?"

"Water is fine."

Alex left her, walking toward the kitchen. Karina looked after him as a small vial of holy water in her back pocket. She walked toward the vinyl records collection in the bookcase. She picked one that caught her attention. She flipped the record and set it on the record.

Suddenly, a little jazz by Miles Davis echoed in the room, Kind of Blue. Alex walked to her carrying two glasses of water. "Jazz fan?"

"I'm a music gal, I like to listen to music. It's kind of my hobby." Alex chuckled, and he offered the glass of water to her. They both clinked their glasses together as they looked at each other. "I'm kind of hungry."

He pointed out to the kitchen, "No, yeah. Sure, I got some cheese, meat, and crackers over the counter. Veggies, the whole buffet. I'll get it."

She offered a hand to hold his glass, "Here, I got it."

Alex sent her gratitude as he exited the room. She hurried to the couch and set two glasses on the table. She grabbed the vial of holy water and spiked it into Alex's glass. She sat down on the couch and put the vial in her pocket. Acting casually as soon Alex entered the room with a tray of food. She smiled at him as he set down the tray on the table.

Alex sat down beside her, "Bon Appetit."

Karina chuckled as she looked down at the silverware. Checked out from werewolf or shapeshifter. Alex took a knife with his hand and placed the cheese on the cracker. Karina held the knife in her hand when Alex raised his glass to drink.

When he swallowed the water, he put down the glass, showing no effects. Not a demon or a crazy one. She quietly sighed with relief, she dug in on the food.

Enjoying her time with Alex in person as time went by.

***

"Come on! I want to see them."

Alex grabbed Karina's hand, guiding her upstairs. Heading their way to the art studio when the moon and stars were set. They both turned to the corner, walking down the hallway to another bedroom. Alex turned to Karina and asked her teasingly, "Password?"

Karina smiled, "Open the door." Alex laughed, he turned the knob, and slowly opened the door.

Karina's face was filled with admiration and shock. She gasped slightly at the surroundings. She walked inside, taking it all in. There are canvases of colorful portraits, landscapes, and dark colors. Every particle of each rainbow and color wheel was appealing to her. She walked to the wall with a painting of a dark full moon glowing in the dark with colors drooping down on the water.