𝐕

After the witness of Bill Carlton, the trio decided to go to the sheriff's office one more time. The only thing they saw was Andrea and Lucas. They all walked in with Jake, and Andrea turned to them and was unexpected to see the trio as well. "Sam, Karina, Dean, I didn't expect to see you here."

Jake pointed out to his daughter, "So now you're on a first-name basis. What are you doing here?"

"I brought you dinner."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I really don't have the time."

Andrea looked at the trio and realized something about why they were there, "I heard about Bill Carlton. Is it true? Is something going on with the lake?"

"Right now, we don't know what the truth is. But I think it might be better if you and Lucas went home."

Suddenly, Lucas looked up at Dean from the chair, he looked frightened. He whimpered and started pulling Dean's arm like he was trying to say something to him. But he couldn't, he was still traumatized. Dean comforted Lucas, and Andrea grabbed her son and began to leave. While they were leaving, Lucas was looking at Dean all the way through the door.

They all, including Jake, went into the office. The boys sat in the chairs, and Karina stood between them, putting her hands on her hips. Taking the suspect to the sheriff. He began to refresh the story they told him about what happened with Bill, "Okay, just so I'm clear, you see something attack Bill's boat, sending Bill, who is a very good swimmer, by the way, into the drink, and you never see him again?"

Dean looked at the rest of the team, and looked up at Jake, "Yeah, that about sums it up."

"And I'm supposed to believe this, even though I've already sonar-swept that entire lake, and what you're describing is impossible and you're not really wildlife service? That's right. I checked. The department's never heard of you guys. "

That tenses the trio that they had been caught red-handed. Dean tried to explain but Jake stopped him, "Enough. Please. The only reason you're breathing free air is one of Bill's neighbors saw him steering out that boat just before you did. So we have a couple of options here. I can arrest you for impersonating government officials, and hold you as material witnesses to Bill Carlton's disappearance.'

Jake stares down at Sam, who is looking up at him, "Or we can chalk this all up to a bad day, you get into your car, you put this town in your rearview mirror, and you don't ever darken my doorstep again." This behavior caught Karina's attention, and so did the boys. He's hiding something, and he seems to be threatening enough to anyone, not just them.

Sam replied to Jake, "Door number two sounds good."

"That's the one I'd pick."

***

At nightfall, they were heading their way out of town. They were waiting at the traffic light, all Dean had to do was turn left. Karina didn't think it was a good idea to leave on short notice. She didn't care about Jake's warning to them. As she said, she'd been through the worst. The light was green, but Dean was stopping.

Sam pointed out for him, "Green."

"What?"

"Light's green."

Dean was hesitant and was thinking one thing. He turned right, heading his way back to town. Karina smiled a little, glad to know that he read his mind. Sam tried to point out again for another way.

Sam didn't give up on quitting, "But, Dean, this job--I think it's over."

Karina comes to the front and looks at Sam, "Are you sure about that, Sam?"