𝐕𝐈𝐈

As the plane was taking off, Dean was still sweating in fear. He leaned back on his chair, humming, Sam closely listening to what he was humming. "You're humming Metallica?"

"Calms me down."

"Look, man, I get you're nervous, all right? But you gotta stay focused."

"Okay."

Karina looked at the two of them, checking to see what was happening between them. Sam looked at his watch, "I mean, we got 32 minutes and counting to track this thing down or whoever it's possessing, anyway--and perform a full-on exorcism."

"Yeah, on the crowded plane. That's gonna be easy."

"One at the time boys." Dean nodded shakily, "Now the question is, who is possessing? It's gonna be weak as the last victims. It can sort its way through all of that emotional distress. Or addiction."

Sam turned to Karina, "Well, this is Amanda's first flight after the crash, if I were her, I'd be pretty messed up."

Karina agreed with his opinion and so did Dean. Dean checked out with the flight attendant to see if she was Amanda. She wasn't.

He looked at the back and turned to Sam and Karina. "All right, well, that's got to be Amanda back there, so I'll go talk to her, and, uh, I'll get a read on her mental state."

"What if she's already possessed?"

"There's ways to test that." He goes to his back and grabs something from it, and shows it to them. It's a bottle of holy water. "I brought holy water."

"Are you crazy? People are gonna look at you like you're ill." Sam nodded from Karina's words, and grabbed the bottle from Dean and hid it in his jacket. "If she's possessed, she'll flinch by the name of God."

"Oh. Nice."

Dean started to leave his seat, and Karina realized and stopped Dean. "Hey."

Dean turned around and looked at Karina, "What?"

"Say it in Latin."

"I know." He began to leave.

"All right. Wait!"

Dean came back and looked at Karina again, annoyed. "What!?!"

"Say, Cristo."

"Karina, I know Latin, I'm not an idiot!"

Karina defended herself, "Well I didn't know!!" Dean rolled his eyes and headed his way to the back of the plane. Sam turned to Karina, softly smiling at her, "I didn't..."

Sam chuckled, and Karina shook her head. She looked at the window again. All of those lights below the plane are beautiful, it's more beautiful to see from the distance in the night that there are people in buildings and living their lives.

Sam rubbed the back of his head and asked Karina, "So is this your first time flying?"

"Yep."

Sam looked at her in shock, not expecting her to be calm. "You're pretty calm for your first time."

Karina looked at Sam, "Well at least I don't have aerophobia." They softly laughed, "Besides I'm not afraid of anything."

"That's not true. You have to be afraid of something."

"No, I don't. Why waste all of my fears while there are fears standing in front of me? I shut all of the emotions off to become a huntress."

"How do you do that?"

"Years and years of practice. After my father's death. There it is, my experience to know about me."

"Come on. You gotta tell me something. I wish I knew there's something real about you. Can you tell me one thing? One, true thing. I know you're from North Carolina, where do you grow up? Your favorite thing to eat? Favorite book you read?"