𝐈𝐈

On their way to Black Water Ridge together as a trio, Sam had been having nightmares about Jessica. Why did he come sooner? Who would kill his girlfriend? Shouldn't he have told her about who he actually is? A hunter?

Dean was the driver of his Impala, and Sam was sleeping in his passenger seat; moving constantly stating he was having nightmares again. In the back, there is Karina; examining the scene between the Winchesters.

Moment of silence with classic rock playing on the radio. Karina had been rereading John's journal; learning more and more about him and the boys about their past of hunting.

Dean looks at Karina from his rearview mirror, thinking of himself. Who is that huntress? Why was she so intrigued with them? Without looking up from the journal, Karina starts the conversation. "You know, it's creepy to stare, right?"

Dean quickly looks back on the road trying to avoid it. "Too late."

Dean shook his head by her personality, softly smiling from the huntress's humor. "All right, you caught me... happy now?"

"Eh, I get used to it. I mean you know how many people stare at me? A lot. Including lesbians." Dean turns his head to Karina, and she helplessly shrugs at him. "So... who was Jess?"

"Well, uh... I just met her before I dragged my brother to find our dad. She was his girlfriend. The only problem was that he didn't tell her who he was."

Karina closed the journal and moves closer to Dean as he drives. "Why? I mean she should love him for who he is right?"

"Sammy only wanted his life to be normal. Away from hunting experience, go to college, becoming a lawyer. I don't know. That's another reason that me and my brother haven't talked for a while for two years."

"Huh... you learn something new every day."

After that moment, Sam jolts up from his sleep. Dean and Karina looked at Sam in worry. Karina moves back in her position, so Dean can talk to Sam. "You okay?"

Sam slowly wakes himself up, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Another nightmare?"

Sam cleared his throat. Dean checked Karina from the rearview mirror again. She lifts her eyebrows to proceed with the conversation. And he did.

"Want to drive for a while?"

Sam looked at Dean as he chuckled from his last sentence. "In your whole life, you never once asked that."

"Just thought you might want to. Never mind."

Sam looked at Karina and Dean as he continued on. "Look, guys, you're worried about me, I get it, and thank you, but I'm perfectly okay. Karina, you shouldn't have to anyway."

"Well, it is my job, right?" Sam rolled his eyes and turned his back from her. Karina looked down for a moment and moved on. "So where are we?"

Sam grabs the map in front of him and reads the destination they're heading to. Dean answers Karina's question as he keeps reading. "We are just outside of Grand Junction."

Sam takes a big sigh, "You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon."

"Sam, we dug around there for a week. We came up with nothing. If you want to find the thing that killed Jessica. "

"Got to find Dad first."

Karina moves closer to the boys. "You know it doesn't make sense. Your father is disappearing. This thing showed up 20 years after your mother's death?"

"Well, Karina, it's no coincidence," Dean answered her question again, and Sam kept looking at the map. "Dad will have answers. He'll know what to do."

"It's weird, man. These coordinates he left us, this Black Water Ridge..."