𝐗𝐋

As they're all still in Colorado, they went to John's motel room. The walls around the room were covered with information about the demon they were chasing. Many things he covered on the walls and a series of books all over the table and floor.

John was sitting at the table while Dean was pacing. Sam was leaning against the counter, while Karina stood there with her arms crossed in the middle of the room.

John began to explain, "So this is it. This is everything I know. Look, our whole lives we've been searching for this demon, right? Not a trace, just...nothing. Until about a year ago. For the first time, I picked up a trail."

Karina spoke up, "That's when you left."

John nodded, "Yeah. That's right. The demon must have come out of hiding, or hibernation."

Dean asked, "All right, so, what's this trail you found?"

"It starts in Arizona, then New Jersey, California. Houses burned down to the ground. It's going after families, just like it went after us."

Sam asked, "Families with infants?"

"Yeah. The night of the kid's six-month birthday."

Sam was connecting the dots, with shocked eyes. "I was six months old that night?"

"Exactly six months."

"So, basically, this demon is going after these kids for some reason. The same way it came for me? So Mom's death...Jessica. It's all because of me?"

Karina tried to comfort him, "Sam, you don't know that."

"Oh really? 'Cause I'd say we're pretty damn sure, Karina."

Dean began to get frustrated, he yelled at him, "For the last time, what happened to them was not your fault."

"Right. It's not my fault, but it's my problem!"

"No, it's not your problem. It's our problem!"

John stood up and yelled at his son. Calming them down, "Okay, that's enough."

The boys took their breaths, calming themselves down. Karina looked down on the floor, thinking about Sam's point. They don't know why he's the part of it and other infants. She began to think about her father. She took her deep breath, and she uncrossed her arms.

Sam asked John, "So why's he doing it? What does he want?"

Dean walked across the table, looking at the information. John walked further toward them as he explained, "Look, I wish I had more answers, I do. I've always been one step behind it. Look, I've never gotten there in time to save..."

John hesitated with sad looks on his face, Karina decided to move on the topic. "So this demon, how can we find it before he goes after the infant again?"

John looked at Karina, "There are signs. Look, it took me a while to see the pattern, but in the days before these fires, signs cropped up in an area-- Cattle deaths, temperature fluctuations, electrical storms. And then I went back, and checked, and..."

Dean realized before that night. Before Sam was six months old.  "These things happened in Lawrence."

John nodded to Dean, "The week before your mother died." He turned to Sam, "And in Palo Alto... before Jessica. And these signs--they're starting again."

Dean and Karina looked at Sam as he asked John. "Where?"

"Salvation, Iowa."

After the long drive from Colorado to Iowa, the Impala was driving down the road following John's truck. But for a few moments, heading to their destination. The truck pulled off to the side of the road, leaving the trio in confusion.