Chapter 42

Snow flakes raged in the cold wind, dust and sand rose up on the official road outside the city. Eight hundred soldiers were lightly dressed and they were able to rush to Yanzhou only waiting for Xiao Zhige's order. +++Mobile reading visit m.mtlnovel.com These soldiers are all cronies that Xiao Zhige brought back from Yanzhou when he returned to Beijing. After spending two or three months in the prosperous place of Yejing, he heard that he was about to leave. Back to Yanzhou, everyone's morale was high. The neat response is even vaguely heard standing at the gate of the city.

An Changqing was wrapped in fox fur, craned her neck to look at the dust and smoke in the distance. The palace has already spread the news that the Northern Warlord will rush to Yanzhou to fight against Beidi.

(Touching Mo) (Touching Mo) The package I brought out with me contained light clothes, (dry gan) food and spirits. He specially prepared for Xiao Zhige. It's just that he must have ordered his troops in the camp outside the city at this time, and he doesn't know if there is still a chance to give him this package.

An Changqing sighed softly and unconsciously hugged the package in her arms.

The sound of soldiers calling in the distance also attracted the attention of others outside the city. The porridge shed of the palace is located outside the city of Yejing. In addition to receiving a bowl of hot porridge every morning, this simple shed is also a temporary shelter for people with nowhere to go. Due to the cold weather, a charcoal basin is placed in the porridge shed every night. Compared with some simple inns, the porridge shed is more crowded and there is a charcoal basin, which is warmer instead. Therefore, in addition to some beggars and refugees, some poor scholars will also spend the night in the congee shed.

It's just beggars and scholars, but they are two distinct camps.

An old beggar listened to the sound of horses' hoofs in the distance, and sighed: "It's going to fight again. I heard that the north side was hit by a disaster this time and many people died. I don't know if this battle will be won."

"With the Northern Warlord guarding, those Northern Barbarians still have the courage to come?"

"Isn't it because the Northern Warlord is not at the border?" Someone whispered, "The Northern Barbarian came in shamelessly. If this really breaks the city, I don't know how many people will die."

The beggars here whispered, but the scholar on the other side heard it, with different expressions. Some people couldn't help but sneered: "This big Ye is not only a general of the Northern War King, and he doesn't completely rely on him to guard this side. A (sex xing) military commander with cruel love, are you really a salvation bodhisattva? Really short-sighted!"

The speaking scholar wore a gray-step cotton robe. Although he was squeezed into the not very spacious porridge shed, he also took care of himself neatly. His face was arrogant, and he looked at the beggar on the other side. )disdain.

MTLNovel

Home » The Tyrant’s Beloved Empress TBE » Chapter 42:

The Tyrant’s Beloved Empress Chapter 42:

« PrevNext »≡ Table of Contents

Settings

Snow flakes raged in the cold wind, dust and sand rose up on the official road outside the city. Eight hundred soldiers were lightly dressed and they were able to rush to Yanzhou only waiting for Xiao Zhige's order. +++Mobile reading visit m.mtlnovel.com These soldiers are all cronies that Xiao Zhige brought back from Yanzhou when he returned to Beijing. After spending two or three months in the prosperous place of Yejing, he heard that he was about to leave. Back to Yanzhou, everyone's morale was high. The neat response is even vaguely heard standing at the gate of the city.