Chapter 49

When the two returned to the general's mansion together, Zhou Helan had already invited the craftsman back. +++Mobile reading visit m.mtlnovel.com Yanzhou is not wealthy, and the lives of rich families are not luxurious, so there are few jewelry shops in the city. The only two jewelry shops also sell gold and silver jewelry, rarely inlaid with jade and jade.

After Zhou Helan asked one by one, he finally found an old craftsman who could be seen and invited back to the house.

The old craftsman took the jade, looked left, looked right, looked right, looked left, and then tremblingly said: "It should be right, it is jadeite. It's just that some are good (color) and transparent; some are mixed. This jadeite If there is something in it, I won’t sell it."

The old craftsman slowly separated a dozen "stones" on the table. Most of the top here was what he said was not good (color); the remaining half was the transparent and flawless fine jade.

But even so, if the remaining half of the jade can be sold in Yejing, it will be able to sell a lot of silver.

Even Zhou Helan, who had always been calm, couldn't help but quicken his heartbeat when he thought of the huge benefits hidden behind it.

When An Changqing and Xiao Zhige returned, Zhou Helan was calling for the old craftsman to take a rest. Seeing the two came back, they quickly reported the matter. An Changqing fiddled with the pieces of emeralds, still feeling like a pie dropped from the sky, and looked back at Xiao Zhige shiningly.

Xiao Zhige pondered for a moment and asked Zhou Helan if he still remembered where the mountains were. He wrote to Chang Zaichang, asking him to send troops to investigate secretly.

Zhou Helan recalled it, but the time was long and the location was not very certain. He only drew a rough topographic map and roughly described the appearance of the mountain. After that, Xiao Zhige wrote a letter himself and affixed it with a private seal. On the same day, they were sent to Liangzhou quickly.

Liangzhou is adjacent to Yanzhou, and it will be able to go back and forth in three or four days. Xiao Zhige estimated: "There should be a reply in three days at the earliest."

However, three days later, he did not receive a reply from Chang Zaichang, and even the sender never returned. Instead, the scout came to report that Hu Yanxun, who had been beaten back, had regrouped and was ready to attack the city again.

Xiao Zhige convened the generals to discuss countermeasures. Although Yanzhou has been relieved for a while, these grains and grass will not last long. In addition, it has already begun and will be ploughed soon. Daye has always used fields to raise soldiers. In addition to the grain and grass allocated by Taifu Temple, soldiers will also farm during the truce. If the war continues, the Beidi people are barefoot and not afraid of wearing shoes, but they can't afford it.

"You must fight quickly." Xiao Zhige said solemnly.

"But Hu Yanxun should not retreat easily this time." Qi Wei said solemnly: "Bei Di's eyeliner sent back news that Bei Di was greatly affected by the snow disaster this time, and many cattle and sheep were frozen to death. In the spring, the livestock got sick again. They suffered heavy losses. (Qiangqiang) attacked Yanzhou as a last resort. If they cannot capture Yanzhou and cannot bring back food, Hu Yanxun, as the chief general, will definitely be prosecuted."

If this were not the case, Hu Yanxun would not be defeated at Hongya, and after breaking his arm, he (强qiang) would not retreat. Like a lone wolf who has lost his way, he has to take a bite (meat rou) from Yanzhou to die.