*Chapter 1*

Pastor Taylor closes off the Sunday service with a prayer as per usual. Afterwards the congregation gets up from their seat to walk around and say their farewells before leaving.

I remain seated , fighting the urge to fall to the floor and curl into a ball as an attempt to comfort myself. My stomachache has intenisfied over the past five minutes.

We women were made to feel pain huh? Every month is just torcher.

"What's wrong mum , you na go call to Mrs Wright?" My mother asks me , I look over to Mrs Wright who is standing across the room having a conversation with a church member.

"Mum I can hardly move .... I am in serious pain, can we leave now?" I plead , but one thing about my mother she is going to make sure everything is done accordingly.
Preferably her way.

"Hush ...hush... mek mi just run guh call Mrs. Wright so you can tell her bye before we leave"

Mrs Wright is one of the sweetest persons I know.I've known her since I was a child . Her son and I grew up together. She's like my aunt , giving the bond her and my mom shares.

From where I am seated I can see my mom chatting away , totally disregarding the fact that I am in pain at the moment. I slightly slough in my seat.

I watch as they both make their way towards me , Miss Wright is wearing her bright smile.

"Sit up Yanique , we are still in church" my mom scrolls me. I frown and try my best to straighten my posture.

"Yan Yan , How's everything with you ?" Mrs. Wright reaches forward to hug me.

"Everything is fine so far" actually I want to tell her everything is horrible at the moment , all I want is to go home like half the church members are doing now. I love church , I've been a member before I could talk. But hello , I'm in pain. In case anyone forgot.

"Good to know mi child.... I was just telling your mom that we need someone at the school tomorrow to invigilate the CXC exams.... Your mom says you'll be available . So what you think?"

I can't be the only one that keeps on finding myself in these uncomfortable situations where you feel bad for wanting to say no so you end up saying....

"Yeah sure" The words escapes quicker than I could rethink it.

"God is good! I'll come get you tomorrow around 7 am"

Can't she ask her son to do it , I mean I love her and all but she does have a son who I'm sure is smart enough to know how to invigilate an examination. He's a college grad for crying out loud. Why can't he do it ?

"Yeah man ... so all is well now sister Wright" my mom smiles at her then looks over at me.

As expected she's behind this . She is always volunteering me without consulting me first.

They say their farewells and finally we make our way to the parking lot to get our car.

I hastily open the car door and sit inside. I immediately set my toes free as I pop off my red pumps and put on my Bridget sandals.

"Please stop at the pharmacy to see if you can get any pain killers" I tell my mom , she puts on her seat belt and starts the car engine.

"So if you're in this much pain , how are you going to manage for tomorrow?"

I'd love to ask her the same question. Instead I sit in complete silence and enjoy the drive to the pharmacy.

"I'll get it" my mom tells me. She opens the car door and then leave the car to make her way inside Fontana Pharmacy.
A few minutes later she comes back to the car.