*Chapter 33*

Yanique's POV

I walk into the room , Lando's eyes takes me in as soon as he leaves the bathroom.His brown eyes travel from my head to my stomach and then he says, " food is in the car for you and a pack of ensure too, you eat sum'n yet?".

I haven't ate anything since this morning because I really don't have an appetite and there are other things I wish to address right now besides from food.

Lando seems apprehensive while he anticipates my response. I sit on the bed.

"Why did you think I was in danger ?" I ask him in a calm tone.

His broad shoulders relax and he takes a step closer to me.
Now that he has notice where our conversation is going his glare changes from concerned to angry. His eye contact becomes intense and very intimidating.

"It's unlike you to not let me know your whereabouts , why yuh neva notify mi seh ya lef yuh people dem place?... yuh nuh tink mi shuda know dat ? Instead Mi reach home and see a vehicle park up outside and mi nuh hear a word from yuh since mi drop yuh home" he deadpanned. Anger flare across his face.

He takes the car key from the bedside table , I am assuming he is gonna grab the food from his car but I haven't said what's on my mind as yet and I will not let him put all the blame on me, he needs to admit that he acted way out of line today.

"You pointed a gun at Jessica Lando!! How are you not seeing the problem here right now."

I get off the bed and stand in front of him.Now that I'm standing , I think I was much better off sitting . He's a giant compared to me and I've suddenly become distracted by the smell of his cologne and forgotten all the words I wanted to say.

He folds his arms and his well trained muscles looks a lot more bulkier. God this man is a work of art.

What was I gonna say to him?

Focus Yanique.

I look up at him, meeting his hostile eyes.

"Mi na repeat mi self... it was suspicious and mi cya afford fi drop mi guard. Can you just imagine how mi feel , thinking something happened to you... our child!, I did what I had to Yanique" he yells at me.

I guess I can understand his point but it still doesn't take away from the fact that his action was ruthless .

Couldn't he have checked the cameras ?

Called to check who's home?

I don't know ... something a normal person would think of doing ! But pulling a gun!

"Some days it feels like I don't even know who you are , everything I have to find out on my own or from someone else. This is no way to live" I finally say , now referring to all that I've seen in the files about him earlier and his actions now aligning.

How did we reach to this?

I feel like I'm all over the place right now.
I'm not being clear on what exactly is the problem here , I guess I should have thought this through on how I wanted to address the issue first .I have so much I want to say without coming off the wrong way.

He too has notice Ive gone off the rails, he gives me a questioning look.

"I get that I'm wrong to invite someone here and not notify you about it first, out of respect I should have but giving the day I had , I wasn't thinking straight.
Normal people don't get paranoid over things like this Lando! They don't show up with a gun ready to hurt someone!..."

I burst out, I have a mixture of anger and sadness, blame it on my hormonal imbalances . I don't know if I want to cry now that I'm thinking about the possibility of him going to jail or if I want to shout at him for pulling a gun at Jessica.

Apart of me just want to accept that he has his reasons for being the way he is and that's how I met him so I really shouldn't get myself worked up about these things but I still can't allow him to feel like this is okay.

It certainly is not!

Uuugghhhh!

Still not making any sense Yanique.

Lando's POV

All of a sudden she seem to be viewing me from a different perceptive, almost as if now she is comparing who I am with someone else... someone 'normal' .

I lean against the dresser .

"Mi feel like mi a miss someting.. why all of a sudden I'm the big bad wolf in yuh story?" I ask. I'm now invested more than ever. I don't ever listen to anyone argue , never had a reason to but now I don't mind hearing her argue if that is what it is gonna take to hear what's on her mind.

She sighs .

"You aren't babe ... it's just that everyone see and know something about you that I don't ,it worries me"

I'm no fucking mind reader but I can tell this conversation is far deeper than what she is choosing to share. Just cant figure out what she is holding back from me and why she thinks she need to.

My phone starts vibrating on the bed before it rings , she picks it up and then stretches it to me.

"It's your brother" she tells me

"Hang it up..." I say in a monotone.

She hesitates at first then does as I say .

"Who is everyone?...and wah exactly dem see and know bout mi Yanique?"

She looks over at the door next to me.

She better not do what I think she is about to , no fucking way she can leave this room in the midst of my curiosity.

Her eyes become teary.

"My dad is trying to ruin your life just to get back at me for dating you in the first place . When I visited today I found out he's carrying out an investigation for you and he has all these files with all the illegal stuff you are involved in Lando.We have a child on the way and I'm scared I might lose you" she gesticulates and her eyes are fixed on me like she is trying to read any instant change in my face expression as she goes along.

Mi pretty sure mi stop hear her as soon as she seh her father is carry out an investigation... which brings me back to why Lawrence must have been calling early . By now her father must deh a di pearly gate.

How didn't I see this coming though?

Cause he's a solider not a fucking police man...it isn't in his rights to carry out an investigation on me.

Corruption at its finest...

"Lando, I know you're upset... so am I , but this silence is deafening.... I need you to say something babe"

"Give mi a minute ...Lawrence must did a link mi bout him house key suh mek mi shout him back .....cause mi neva memba a ting babe"I lie then instantly grab my phone and leave the room without giving her a chance to say another word to me.

This is a sloppy excuse, I know but I need to fix this right now if I have enough time to do so or else I'm most definitely sure I will lose her for good if she finds out what's taking place.