*Chapter 7*

Yanique's POV
The summer break has ended, I can't believe it is almost time for me to return to Kingston.

I must admit that I've missed my freedom and the feeling of independence. I will definitely miss Jessica but on the bright side I get to see Patrice and spend time with her again.

My mother and I , along with Miss Wright are on our way back home from church . Miss Wright didn't drive to church , she said something about her car being at the mechanic. I know Lando has enough cars for her to drive one to church but it is absolutely not my place to ask why she didn't.

"Turn here suh Gracie...." She instructs my mom.

"Mi still cya believe you don't know where Lando live." She adds. Wait ... what? I must have missed the memo , why are we going to his house and not hers and I didn't even knew he had a house.

We pull up to the black remote gate. The walls are extremely high , I can barely see the house . There are tall palm trees at the front and cars are parked at the side. Around three of them. That's as much as I can see behind the gate.

The gate opens and a dog runs out . A bitbull , thank God I had no intention of coming out of this car.

"Easy boy" I hear his voice and the dog returns back in the yard. Soon I see Jade and Lando walking towards the car.

It has been so long ago since I've ended thing between Lando and I . Well I don't think saying I ended things is the right way to explain what happened , it's not like we had something going on.

He still makes me feel butterflies. He is wearing a black joggers that shows his print . A white T-shirt and a Nike slide. His tattoos are the first thing my mom sees, her eyes are bulging out of her head. She looks unpleased with his appearance.

"Mummy" Jade hugs her mom's leg.

She reaches down and pick her up then plants kisses all over her face before she puts her inside the car.

"Lando, you remember Gracie and her daughta Yanique" Miss Wright ask him.

We are still seated in the car.

"Mhm. ....Miss Grace." He smiles at my mom and she does a terrible job at greeting him back with a half smile.

Is he not gonna acknowledge me... "church girl" he says and instantly everything around me stays still for a moment. I can hear my heart pounding inside my chest.

His deep voice does something to me.

"Hi Lando" I say.
A tall , dark complexion guy walks out of the house. He looks like Lando. They particularly share the same face , if that makes sense.

"Afternoon" he greets us. He even sounds like Lando too.

If he wasn't taller and thinner then I would say they can pass for identical twins.

"Oh ... Gracie see lando older brother here. Lawrence"

I don't know if it is because he is not covered in tattoos, my mom greets him with a brighter smile.

"You get so big . When you come ?" She ask him.
I don't remember Lando ever having a brother. I am extremely uncomfortable now , Lando hasn't taken his eyes off me since I've been sitting here. I try not to look at him and I don't want anyone picking up any tension between us.

"Last week." He has a British accent. That explains it.

"Oh , Yanique you wouldn't know Lando's brother. You were a baby when he left the country." My mom tells me. Seems like she has been reading my mind.