*Chapter 50*

Lando's POV

"Mi give yuh a inch and yuh tek a mile" I say , eying her dress when she comes out of the bedroom.

She giggles.

Mi can't even fucking complain, she is by my side and I get to take off her dress at the end of the night so I guess I can bypass it this one time.

I do my best to hide my Glock on my waist. She looks all set and ready to leave so I take the key and we exist her apartment.
7:45pm

As we cruse down the streets of Kingston listening to one of my favorite songs - Rock Away by Beres Hammond I begin to find inner peace in this moment.

She is my tranquility .

I once believed that I was going to spend my life passing through women without any attachment whatsoever until she came in the picture.

Once yuh find the treasure, yuh nuh need fi search nuh more.

I know she's very big on marriage and as the time progresses I must admit I've been thinking about it,but when I decide to open that chapter for us I want to make sure all the secrets are out the closet first. She deserves all the happiness, noting everything she has sacrificed to be here with me.

I place my hand on Yanique's inner thigh and relax a little in my seat, she looks over at me with the most angelic eyes and soft smile.

"I've been wanting to go here! How did you know?" She squeals as I pull up to the restaurant.

"Had some help" I tell her and unbuckle my seatbelt,she doesn't question me any further. I park and get out of the car to open her door. Her red heels make an appearance first but when she gets out of the car her black , luxurious dress steals the attention.

She pulls down the fabric before she takes my hand and we walk inside.It's my first time here , I already requested a secluded spot for us. I like to be comfortable in my environment and by that I mean able to see all four corners.

"Good night , reservation for Mr. Hamilton" I tell the hostess and she smiles before showing us to our seat.

"This way please" she says.

"Your waiter for the night will be with you soon" she then adds before she walks back to her spot to attend to a few more people.

"I've heard good things about the food here." Yanique tells me as I pull out her chair and she sits.

There couldn't be any other reason for her wanting to visit here besides from good food, I smile.

"You look so fucking stunning" I admire her sitting across the table. The lights inside here is perfect , it works wonders for the ambiance setting a warm and inviting atmosphere.

"Thank you" she blushes.

The waiter walks over to us holding a tablet in his hands , "Goodnight,I'll be your waiter for the night , can I get you something to drink while you take a look at the menu?"

"I'll like a glass of water please" Yanique politely tells him.

"Absolutely, and anything for you sir?"he looks over at me.

"Same"

"Okay sure... I'll be right back" he then walks away.

This is why staying at home is much better than showing up to a fancy restaurant, I like to avoid the small talks and fake smiles. Yan doesn't seem to mind it at all.

"I want a picture of you, can you smile?"she pouts,holding up her phone.

It's her night , she can get whatever she wants. I smile and within a second she captures a picture of me and hands me the phone to take a look at it.

The ute returns with two glasses of water. Yanique thanks him before she takes a sip and starts looking at the menu.

Another reason why I don't do this , not even the water I can't drink. Mi try fi nuh ruin the moment fi her ... but mi paranoia nuh allow mi fi relax fi a second.

We engage in a conversation , mostly about what she likes on the menu. Moments later we place an order then the ute returns with the meals.

Yan is pleased with the customer service , I can tell because she nuh mek any complain so far. I'm just happy to be here doing whatever makes her smile.

"Babe you haven't touched your food" she says to me while eating from my plate , she does it so casually.

"Not really hungry... how's the lobster?" I ask.

"Good actually, 8/10" she critiques.

It's almost 10 pm now , as soon as she's done eating we'll be on the move.

"You keep looking around Lando, you haven't ate any of the food nor had anything to drink. Babe I know this is not your ideal setting but can you please just loosen up a little?" She pleads.

I rub her hand.

I'm use to being in control of my setting , I haven't visited new places in a while. Literally all of this is for her.

"Mi good man..."

"How's it going ? Enjoying the food? ....anything else I can get for you guys" the waiter comes back to our table. The questions are directed to Yan, he hasn't seem to be able to converse with me , almost as if he already knows I don't wish to do so.

"The food is amazing....and everything is perfect!" Yan beams at him.

I look at them.

"Can we get the bill , we're about to leave" I say .

I get the feeling I've interrupted them. Yan gives me a warning look, I then add a smile to comply with her.

"Okay sure...I'll be right back"

Yanique looks over her shoulder at the waiter as he walks away.

"We haven't even had dessert" she leans forward and whisper yells.

"Babe dessert deh home ...." I smirk.

She takes a deep breath and roll her eyes.

Furious at me.

Have I ruined the night for us?

I feel like every time I try reaching out to her, trying to make her see the person she wants to be with in me so she's willing to even reconsider her decision, it's the more I get nothing in return.

One failure after another, it don't even make sense anymore and I'm starting to become flustered and fucking irritated that I even need to convince her this much. Having our family together should be enough to make her stay!

Unfortunately not.

The waiter returns , already I'm tired of seeing his face and putting up with the hospitality. I rather spend my time doing something else, I pay the bill.

Yanique thanks him before she leaves the table with grace, holding back her rage so no one recognizes but I do.

She didn't even wait for me to stand and walk her out.

What's the fucking deal with her.

I'm now fuming inside as I walk behind her back to the car and we get inside.

Another unnecessary tantrum that I can't seem to bloodclaat understand, save me the bullshit.

I press on the gas until we are back at her place and she is still holding on to the mute button, not a word from her mouth.

The date , the plan... every fucking thing feels like a fight with her. I can't take it anymore.