*Chapter 41*

Lando's POV

Should have took my fucking AirPods.

Why do women talk this much ?

Mi swear mi know all a her friend business already and it has only been a few minutes into the journey , from wah she aguh wear on the date, who she's dating , dung to whatever crime she committed against her ex.

I slouch in the front seat, defeated .

Haven't taken a taxi since I was 10 years old, now if mi see one mi tell Yanique pull over and cut or if it wasn't raining I'd walk.

"What time is the party" I hear Yanique ask and now I'm more interested in where this conversation is going.

Hopefully not her planning on attending a party with a friend that is eager to have some fun and forget about her shitty break up.

That equals a fucking no when I do the calculation.

Especially if it's going to be held in Ambrook Lane.

"Around 6 and we want to finish 10... nana old enuh Yan, she nuh fussy either"

"Okay... I'll be there" Yanique confirms and I cough immediately . She looks over at me and gives me a pleading look.

Damn well almost choke on her words .

I add this to the list of topics we need to discussion  when we get back to her apartment.

We drive on the crooked road of Ambrook Lane, it's sad to see not much has changed around this side. The last time I passed through here was for a football match with a couple of college friends.

Few a mi bredgin dem use to live this side, haven't seen them in years.

"See you tomorrow boo" the car jolts to a stop and Yanique reaches over to hug her friend.

"Alright baby mama" she respond while embracing Yanique.

"Nice seeing you Lando..." she tells me and I look over at her because I can feel Yanique's eyes on me .

"Yah man..big up yuhself"I tell her and she gets out of the car . I then  notice the short guy that's standing at her gate underneath a zink shed .

Bomboclaat ... nuh short man dat.

I roll the window down .. " Yow bad bro, neva know yuh still deh bout ina di place" I greet my friend who I haven't seen in years.

Dem man ya use to run off Utech engineering department, him shuda deh places like China or Japan wid di skills he has.

"Bomboclaaaat ... who dat Balla? Jah know dwag" he picks up a piece of cardboard and holds it above his head to shelter him from the rain. He opens the gate and walks up to the car to shake my hand.

"Weh ya duh dem side ya fam...from we graduate mi nuh see yuh enu dwag"

I don't want to hold up Yanique and I certainly don't want to linger here for too long.

"Take mi digits dwag and link mi ..." I tell him and we exchange numbers then Yanique drives off.

"Is it a small world or you just happened to know a lot of people including my friend's uncle?" She drives out of the lane, she isn't a bad driver. You just couldn't tell it's a female driving if you didn't know ... she press gas hard.

A call comes in from Busshead .Not taking his call because I already know what it's about, his link will just have to wait a few more minutes.

"The latter" I shrug.