*Chapter 31*

Lando's POV

12:35 pm

Probably I shouldn't have bought her Chinese food

I think to myself as I get back inside my car and start the car engine then pull out of the restaurant's parking lot.

She likes this kinda food.

Fuck it ... I'm gonna stop by the supermarket and get her a pack of ensure , just in case she still doesn't feel like eating.

Mi hope this is not going to be an everyday ting, I couldn't see myself getting use to her being this picky with food.

I drive along the vibrant street with agonizing flashbacks of seeing my friend inside a casket. I've lost so many friends and relatives on the battle field but unfortunately, each time the sorrow doesn't lessen.

Suddenly my mood lightens a little when my phone vibrates on the dashboard and my hope grows fond that it is her.

Yanique.

I haven't heard from her since I dropped her off , probably I shouldn't worry too much . If anyone can dig me out of this grieve , it's definitely mi woman.

I pick up my phone and immediately my mood dims when the caller ID reveals that the call is from my mother ....and not her.

"Mum?" I answer.

Haven't seen her in awhile because I've been busy with my new restaurant and traveling to Negril more than usual now to check up on the progress.

Yanique and I was planning on visiting her tomorrow, she wants to surprise my mother with the sonogram we did earlier .I would prefer just telling her the news but Yanique insisted that she wants to do this.

Not wanting to reign on her moment , I agreed.

"So this is how I find out I'm a grandmother?" She ask bitterly. Her words almost choke mi to bloodclaat .

Wait ... what happened to the surprise ?

Well surprise I bloodclaat am cause dis is unlike Yanique to guh behind mi back and duh anything afta wi done agree to one ting already.

"Yanique told you?" I say in complete disbelief.I turn onto the street where the supermarket is located.

"It would be much better if that's how I found out, preferably from you or Yanique but Gracie call mi crying about it, said Yanique told her nuh much long ... she wanted me to confirm but just like Gracie... I don't know if it's true, now given your reaction I think it is" She says sounding annoyed as I am about Miss Grace reaction to the news but still a tint of disappointment in her voice.

Yanique is a grown woman , fuck her mada a bawl fah?

Unless it is tears of joy , mi nuh wah hear bout it.

"Cry? Fi wah?" I hissed.

I fucking warned Yanique about what her parents' reaction would be , I hope it doesn't affect her too much.

She have too much bloodclaat faith ina dem especially her fada.She fulla faith like she walk and rassclaat collect it.

Well if it went that bad as I was expecting then why haven't Yanique called me to pick her up , she can't still be there. No fucking way that'll work with me.

I slow down as I approach a stoplight.

"So is it true?" Mum ask.

"Yes" I respond.