Chapter 65

Saturday
6:39 am

Yanique's POV

I sit in bed for a few seconds trying to contain the butterflies inside my stomach. I'm excited but nervous at the same time, the day is finally here!

Today we'll find out what gender we are having. Weeks ago when I did the ultrasound I was not this thrilled about the idea, all that matter was that our baby is healthy.

I felt like it would be another memorable moment not shared with Lando by my side but now that he is here everything feels whole again. We've had a few hiccups since he's been back but the most commendable part is how we chose to work it out.

Patrice and Jessica have been doing an awesome job keeping the gender as a secret for this long! It shows how much this means to them also.

"Yuh hide mi car key?" Lando walks into the room dressed in dark blue jeans shorts, and a black T-shirt. He seems joyful today!

He made a promise not to work so where could he be going.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

I need to hear his answer before I give up his car key.

He jumps on the bed and begins tickling me.

"Gimi di car key" he laughs.

"Babbee..." I laugh uncontrollably , after having enough I roll over on my side and he snatch up the key from underneath me before he gets off the bed.

"Mi aguh wul a quick trim ...yuh nuh see how mi bush up?" he leans over on the bed and kisses my forehead then my stomach, his thick beard brushes against my skin and I feel chills run down my spine.

He smells like body wash and a strong male cologne.

I watch him leave the room.

He has been making these quick runs for the past days, all his calls seem to be private too but I try my best not to think too much. Probably just business and he's not ready to share it with me.

It sure feels lonely not being able to call neither of my friends.They are busy getting my backyard set up for the gender reveal and insist that I don't show up until the event officially starts. They promise me the most magical day , I'm just hoping the guest list remains the same.

We are now at a total of twelve guest after Lando added a few more people , I'm completely fine with it because they are all family and close friends he hardly speaks about but I know they mean a lot to him.

Twenty minutes later I'm finished taking a bath and now seated around the table having cereal.

Lando's POV
11:35pm

"Wayne is driving a pickup truck so let him in when he arrives" I tell Jessica over the phone.

I look in the mirror to double check if I'm okay with my haircut.It's clean enough.

"See him ya... just in time" she says.

I then hear Wayne's voice as he introduces himself to her.

I thank the barber then pay him before I get out of the chair.

"You spoke to the pilot already?" I then ask her.
She is supposed to let him know the baby's gender , it's all apart of the plan and in keeping the gender as a surprise only Jessica can contact him.

"Yes we spoke earlier... don't worry Lando I'm on track with everything" she says.

"Jessica everything has to be done according to the schedule because the helicopter will be ready at exactly 4pm"I remind her as I walk back to my car, she seems overwhelmed by this. I can tell this is more than she expected when I decided to play apart since I can only trust myself to make sure things runs smoothly today.

"Yeah .. everything will be set by then"

She gets distracted by a conversation with a female and I hang up.

I then stop at Wendy's to get Yanique's favorite salad. She likes these things for whatever reason I don't understand, her cravings have been really weird lately.

15 minutes later I am back home.

"Yow" I answer my phone as I place the food down on the island. I then empty my pocket.

"The sound set up and the DJ deh ya. The lights are all set and good to go...anything else yuh want mi deal wid before mi lef boss?" Wayne ask me.

Yanique is still inside the bedroom, thankfully I am able to speak openly on the phone.

"How the caterers a come on ... everything look good?" I run a check up before I can give him an answer to his question.

"Going good...everything great boss" he babbles.

"Alright that is it then...respect"

Yanique walks into the kitchen right on time !

She takes the food from the island , already knowing it's hers. She then sits around the table , I can tell it annoys her how often I've been taking private calls since lately but it will all make sense to her soon.

"Manners mi boss" Wayne tells me before I end the call

I don't wish to ruin today so I put away the phone and stick to the deal Yanique forced me to make with her.

No more phone calls.

Mi wonda if Lawrence send di car fi pick up Miss Emma.

Probably need fi mek anotha call ....
Fuck...

I insisted on Miss Emma being here for this special day , I always knew who I wanted around when this special day arrived. There is a lot in store for today!

If Yanique has the slightest idea that I took the job over from her friends then I know there will be no peace today so I try my best to keep things as discrete as possible.

"Babe I still don't know what colour bow you are wearing .. blue or pink?" She digs into her salad. I stand behind her and begin to massage her shoulders slowly.

She is long overdue for a day of pampering. After today, she'll be receiving more than enough of that.

"Blue" I tell her.

"Everyone is team boy! I feel like only Lawrence ,Patrice and I want us to have a girl" She takes another bite of her salad and adds the sauce thingy over it.

I'm still baffle by how she makes it seem so delicious.

"Miss Reid and Jade are team girl too"I sit beside her.

"All we need is a healthy baby right?" I ask.

The feeling of getting close to welcoming my greatest gift into this world makes me thankful everyday Jah give mi breath. My life is a lot more meaningful.

I've giving up a lot to be at a place where I'm finally seeing myself as a family guy,I would do it all over again without hesitating.

"Right" she says with a full mouth. She swallows her food before smiling.

"The makeup artist should be arriving any minute now" she checks her phone. I'm not too happy about inviting any new face in our home but for her I can make it work, besides a just one person and she try nuh bring company.

"Mus she this" I hear the sound of the car horn outside. I check the camera and it's a Honda Fit parked at the gate.

I watch from the living room as she gets out and press the buzzer then says her name in the speaker.

"Toni"

I buzz her in and Yanique quickly puts away her food.

"Food deh on mi mouth babe?" She gets close to me and I chuckle a little.

"Wipe ya suh" I demonstrate.

There isn't a trace of food on her mouth but seeing her get worked up about it is funny.

"You good now" I walk outside to calm Max before the guest gets out of her car.

Yanique greets her.

No company ....

Good!