Chapter 90

Lando's POV

"Mum on her way here to help out with Laden, mi soon fawud" I tell Yanique. She is still ignoring my presence in the house , she doesn't respond instead she continues staring at her textbook.

I leave her inside the living room and check up on Laden. When I get inside his room he is awake , laying on his back without making a sound. His eyes google me and he smiles , showing off his gum.

I chuckle.

"Yuh think yuh easy boy?" I pick him up and I suddenly get the feeling I should stay home. I walk to the living room.

In a second Yanique looks over at us then stand. She  stretches her arms out to take Laden. She makes a goofy face and playfully snuggles his stomach.

I stand there watching until the desire to join them absorbs me, I hug her from behind and sniff her neck. She smells like coconut body lotion , her signature smell.

Her ass rest on my print and when I feel her slightly pulling away I strap her down with my arms around her waist.

"Just relax please" my voice tamps down her attitude.

"Tell your father to let me go" she tells Laden , who is cluelessly looking at us. Some days I wonder if he thinks who are these strange people.

Nothing worst than her having all this attitude and mi cya fuck it out a her.

If Laden eva did a sleep or mi mada neva did a fawud , den mi wuda have mi way wid her right now. Sex can't fix everything , communication is what she needs but I have to be on my way now so I'll have to save making up for another time.

"Tell your mother yuh need a brother" I say.

She slightly giggles, trying to hold back on her laughter.

"Mek mum and Jade spend di night ina di guess room, mi wah wi spend some time tonight. A date in the backyard" I kiss her neck then let her go.

She faces me then place a smooch on my cheek.

"That's not a good enough apology" she attempts to walk away and I gently pull her back to me. She is still holding Laden.

"Mi sorry ...forgive me... pretty please" only she can get mi fi make a clown out a mi self. She knows the type of impact she has on me and she isn't afraid to use it to her advantage.

My phone rings and I let her go so I can answer, it's Busshead.

"Mi soon fawud" I irritably say then pocket the phone.

Yanique rolls her eyes at me and walk to the door to buzz my mother in.

Well she reach right in time , save by di fucking bell.

I grab my keys and leave.

On my way out I greet my mom and sister.

6:00pm

The hour I've been waiting for , I'm right on time . I park in front the house , and get out of my car. I've been here several times before but never have I ever stepped foot further than the gate , today I will.

I get pass the gate and I realize there are so many cameras here, I'm not intimidated by the high level of security. To be honest, I never expected anything less.

I stand at the Veranda , this is as far as the grills allow me to go but exactly where I want to be.

My mother just left the church service so I know Yanique parents should be expected to be on their way home any minute .....now.

I grin when I see the blue SUV pull up to the gate.

Yeah. Right in time.

Mr. Mitchell sees me first and immediately warns his wife to stay inside the vehicle . The look of distress contours his face as he approaches me.

"If I had any intention of harming you or your wife , it wouldn't be at your home with all these cameras." I welcome him.

"Wah ya duh ya ?" He widens his eyes , not sure why.

I laugh.

"Mr. Huggins send me"

The look on his face is all the answer I need, the reason I'm here. I don't think I need to say another word.

"Mr Hug-who? Who dat ...who send yuh a mi place?" He pretends to be confused.

I gesture my trigger finger , "bow!" I smirk .

"Listen ! You and Mr. Huggins go to hell, don't come back on this property and mi ago make a complaint about this !" He argues and I walk away.

That's exactly why I'm here , I want him to make the complaint. Send the message that I'm coming.. a man so bold face fi kill mi fada and have plan fi murda mi Breda shudnt be afraid to see his death approaching.

First it was Mr. Hug-who?, now all of a sudden him remember the name. I feel disrespected by him trying to belittle my intelligence.

Mi murda people fi less than dis but todeh anuh fi him time.

My fight isn't with him, I remind myself that he is still the father of the woman I love and share a child with. Even though he has given me multiple reasons to send him to his God early , I always knew I couldn't do such a thing to Yanique.

My anger stems from the betrayal of Mr. Huggings and the length he went just to sink my family for good. I never had too much love for my dad but the hurt I witness my mother go through when she lost him , left me bitter and I'd be damn to let that be Yanique and my child's story.

I get inside the car and Busshead speeds off.

It takes less than a minute to make a phone call and I know by now Huggins suppose to get the message but it's all part of the game.

I dial my brother's number and as soon as he picks up the phone I get him up to speed with everything.

"Mum and Jade deh a Yard , dem good" I tell him.

I know I will be home a little late but I just wanted an excuse to have them there , this way Yanique won't be suspicious.

"Yuh have mi word , and every man pan di lane ave yuh back." Lawrence tells me and I end the call.

I drive back home, listening to the music that calms my mind, as I eagerly anticipate Huggings next move like a game of chess