*Chapter 30*

Yanique's POV

As the car comes to a stop in front my house , I feel my chest tighten.

"If you need anything let me know , I'll make someone take it to you or I'll do it myself" Lando says clearly still irritated at the idea of me visiting home.

I want to tell him to calm down , assure him that I'll be fine but as unbelievable as it is this is my family and they are the most judgmental people I know.

You're showing up unmarried and pregnant

I mentally thank my subconscious for stating the obvious. I muster up enough courage to open the car door.

Now I'm thinking it probably isn't a bad idea not telling them or asking Lando to take me back to his place but I'm not ashamed of being pregnant so I need to do this for me.

I'm actually excited that God chose me to carry his creation.

"Okay ... I'll let you know" I lean over to him and place a soft kiss on his lips before I leave the car.

As usual Lando waits until I get inside he drives off.

I am surprise to see that my house key still works.

When I open the door I see my mother seated in the couch watching television.

"Thought you weren't gonna come inside" she says in the most bitterly way with her eyes still pinned to the screen.

Can mother hate her own child this much?

"Yanique is that you" my dad comes into the living room wearing his uniform and carrying a mug in his hand.

"Hey daddy" I says walking toward him for a hug.

He rests the mug on the table before he hugs me. My mother walks into the kitchen.

My heart sinks at how unwelcome I feel but my daddy does his best to not pay much attention to the elephant inside the room.

"Let me look at you. Mi one daughta" I chuckle as he pretends to observe any changes. I have gains a few pounds , now looking more like my mother than ever before.

"Come ... come.." he takes his mug from the table and we walk to my room which I'm shocked to see is now his office. Why does he even need a office , he's normally on the road doing his duty.

"Yup, this is my little office now" he smiles at me , answering my unasked questions.

I look around , taking it all in .

There are more files than I can count. He must be very busy in here. Most of the files are stamped as high profiled.

"Ohh... I see, why do you need an office now?" I ask showing my genuine concerned .

I must admit it feels weird and probably hurtful that I no longer have a room here.

I feel unwanted and forgotten. It has only been two months going on the three.

"That's why I brought you here, take a seat nuh . ... relax" his eyes light up.

I sit at his desk.

"I've recently been promoted" his voice now a bit more serious as I suppose the matter is.

"Congrats!" I say , meaning it. I'm actually very happy for him, he has worked really hard.

"Thanks , which brings me to why I ask you to come here besides from not seeing you for so long. I need your help on a case I'm working on, this is my first one and I expect to be successful at it as they are many eyes watching and I'm working along side the officials"

My help?

What could be possible mean, I'm no use when it comes on to this....

He hands me the folder and I hesitantly take it.

"Open it" he tells me , sounding too enthused unlike me.

There's a passport size picture of Lando stabled at the top of the first page inside the folder. I almost pee my pants.

"Daddy?" I look at him and then back at the folder trying to make sense of this.

"There are so many charges from lottery scamming to gang related activities and I need your help to take him out. Even if I don't , then someone else will and I have you know there are a lot of police and soldiers working together to...."

"You invited me here for this!" I yell, my eyes now meeting his worried expression.

I've never shouted at my dad but it is the audacity for me at this point , thinking I had the support of at-least one parent then finding out I was being used ! Not loved or cared for.

"Lower your voice Yanique, when since you behave like this ?"

My eyes now teary. My mother walks into the office.

"Mi did tell yuh she wouldn't be on board with this" she throws her hands up in the air.

I roll my eyes at her. I'm so tired of her being this rude towards me for no reason!

"This is beneath you daddy" I tell him before I get up from his chair.

"Beneath me?" He mocks . "You're with a criminal ! It is my duty to take out men like the one you are sleeping with, who murder innocent people and scam them of their money! .... Oh dare what is beneath me is raising a Christian daughter who has embarrassed her parents!" He barks at me and within moments I see him for who he is, just like her. They are both the same.

"Mmmm" my mother murmurs , I can tell she is just waiting on her chance to say whatever she has been holding in. She walks around and sprinkles a bottle of olive oil. I guess I'm the unwelcome demon she is trying to get rid of.

Her own daughter. I feel sick.

"Mi pray yuh come back to your senses and God sets you free from that demon!" She finally adds her part but surprisingly it doesn't hurt as I was expecting it this time.

I look at them with petty, tears finally trickling down my face.

Lando was right , I shouldn't have come here.

All of this for me choosing to love who I love, they somehow forgot that I'm their only child.

"Even the church has been talking ! How you think it looks dating Moboy's most wanted gang memba ! My friends sees me as a joke because of you and this blasted criminal yuh dating !...I will be damned if I don't ensure he is behind bars where he belongs" my father shouts , his voice loud as thunder and filled with all this rage towards me , he slams his hand onto of the desk.

"He will never give you a full life ... you aren't in love , you are being possessed by his demons , that's what sex without marriage does to you!" My mother says in the most 'I told you so' tone I've ever heard.

"Well good luck with that daddy ... I'm of no use to you , so I'll be leaving now and by the way he has given me a full life thus far. I'm pregnant with his child and we are extremely happy"
I finally take back my moment even if it is through tears , it feels good standing up for myself .

I leave the room , hearing their murmurs behind me.

I walk outside just in time to see Jessica at the gate.

"Yan what's wrong?" She practically comes running to me . The tears welled up in my eyes as she hugs me and soothe my back.

"I need to leave" I say in her chest.

"Sure , let me take you to wherever"

We get inside her car and I tell her the direction to Lando's house.

This is all happening so fast , I'm thankful she doesn't swam me with questions about what happened , instead we drive in silence as I have flashbacks of what just took place.

I think I'm gonna lose Lando.

My dad would have never taken interest in him if he wasn't dating me , I messed up his life and all he has ever done was make mine better.