*Chapter 48*

Lando's POV
Mobay

Tuesday, 5:45pm

You could use a knife to cut the tension inside the house. Something is wrong , Busshead sits in the couch and Clarks is at his usual spot , in the kitchen.

A couple more shoota deh a foot and Lawrence is standing next to mike having a conversation.

"Bomboclaaat cya tell when last mi see dem man ya ina di place... wah di motive?"Mike is the first to greet me as I step inside the living room but I don't return the hail , I'm already annoyed that he has to highlight my absence.

With everything going on, my tolerance for bullshit is at negative fucking zero. I'm just here to get my information from Lawrence and cut.

"Yah deal wid killa?" Busshead acknowledges me next and I nod before I walk pass him and approach my brother , the person I'm here to see.

Mike walks away leaving us to talk.

He says something to the others and soon Lawrence and I are the only two left in the room.

"Suh wah di pree?" He sits, creating space between us but the tension doesn't lessen.

"Uncle Jeff mek mi know wah gwan ina di place , why it reach fi him ears before fimi?" I ask.

I check my phone , nothing from Yanique . I quickly send her a message letting her know I'm in Mobay.

I left last night after our disagreement and spent some time with my mother , for some odd reason I didn't want to visit my house. Nothing feels right when we aren't on good terms.

"A matter like that can't be discussed over the phone mate, unless you somehow forgot the code already... so I said it to Uncle Jeff when we met in Kingston so he could get word to you" he chuckles, Lawrence doesn't seem fazed by anything that is happening around him , it's a shield he knows how to put up to block his emotions.

Probably our father taught him that too.

Such a fucking cold man, all he did was ruin us.

I guess the hostility is still stemming from my decision to keep Yanique's dad alive.

"Reasonable enough, how long will I be expected to stay in England?" that's the meat of the matter , I need to be back in Jamaica just in time for Yanique's graduation , my child's birth...I need to know this before I take up such a deal.

Timing is the main factor.

A lot is at sake but I can't pretend I didn't play apart in this whole situation and now since the damage is already done I won't leave Lawrence here to clean it up by himself.

"Need a few months out of leads to circulate some money in the place first mate ,like four months at least"

Fuck!

"What's your plans after that , once money is in the place?" I question.

I mean , he needs to seek out the loyal soldiers. Still haven't heard how he plans to do so .

"Politician boy dem already distribute guns ina mi place , I need to know to who. I'm not planning on buying loyalty in my place Lando, so the money is only to reward the loyal soldiers around me. Make sure their families are well taken care of. After I single out di greedy bomboholes, you know what happens after that fam. Head shot and Dovecot"

In true representation of our father , he grins deviously.

"My terms and regulations now" I say as I sit in the couch next to him as a way of saying we are in the same level. I've heard enough so it's time for him to listen to what I have to say.