Chapter 62

Yanique's POV

9:30 am

"I have to leave today" I tell Lando as I finish my egg sandwich. He is already dressed and ready to leave the house.

Things have been going smooth since last night , we took a shower and had ice cream because that's what I was feeling for . Afterwards he stayed up and watched a few episodes of Grey Anatomy with me.

It felt like the old times we shared and I want us to go back to that permanently but I know it will take a lot of work. I'm still trying to figure out how we will move forward after all that has happened, I must admit that him being open with me last night was the first step but it's too sudden to tell how I feel about the whole situation moving forward.

"Go where?" He takes my plate from the table.

"I have to meet up with Jessica for the gym. Oh I almost forgot to tell you about the gender reveal this weekend..." he pause as soon as he hears the words from my mouth.

"Gender reveal? What else you neva run by mi ?" He ask , sounding disappointed and furious.

Not the reaction I was hoping for , but this is Lando. A few months away will not change him entirely.

"Baby shower next month?" I shrug.

"Why you need a gender reveal. I thought we would just wait until you give birth to know the gender" he finishes up the dishes then joins me around the table.

Here comes the discussion.

"I had no idea you wanted to do it that way. It's kinda the new thing young vibrant parents do so I thought you'd be okay with it" I smile.

Still approaching with caution.

He raise his brow, I hold my breath for a second.

"Young , vibrant parents? Okay ...so who aguh deh a di gender reveal?" He checks his watch again.

"Friends and Family...don't worry too much" I get up and kiss him.

Lando's POV

"What time will you be back here" I admire her body from behind. She is wearing my black sweater with my black Nike socks. She makes everything looks so good.

"Weekend"

She is not trying to listen to what I have to say. I don't think this living in separate houses thing will work. I hope it's not too soon to bring this up but I want her here again at least until she finishes her last semester and I'm done making arrangements to leave Mobay for good.

"No, after yuh finish gym today get some clothes and fawud ya suh." I tell her.

I walk to the door , she doesn't disagree with me.

"Love yuh" I say before I leave.

Today will be a long day, I have to stop by Lawrence place before I go to Negril to check on business. I'm looking to expand again , there is always room for improvements as long as the money and the perfect market is there.

After the first brunch I held at the restaurant, things went perfect to the point where I am considering to do it again.

After ten minutes of driving I pull up to my brother's house. Only a few know about this location, and by a few I mean myself , Miss Reid and my brother of course.

I get inside using my key , Miss Reid is vacuuming. When she sees me she turns off the vacuum and welcomes me inside.

"Lando mi son! Happy to see you" she hastily hugs me.