Chapter 88

Lando's POV

Yanique has being by my side and watched me take all my wins while cheering the loudest. She has given me the greatest gift of all times , my son and now it's time to repay her in any and every way I possibly can.

How do I ask her to stay here while I go out searching for information and take part in activities I swore to her I would never do again?

She has her final exams next week, our son and her business to attend to and I should be man enough to stand by her side and let her have this win.

I sit in the couch while Laden is next to me laying in his swing chair and watching coco melon.

I smile at the fact that I know the names of all these cartoons , I even know the theme songs too.

My mind should be here with my family but instead it's stuck on finding a solution. There is too much going on , the worst part is Yanique is starting to realize it.

With Lawrence back in Jamaica it doesn't give me enough time to recollect my thoughts and go about this the right way.

"What are you staring at?" Yanique walks into the living room. I didn't realize I was so withdrawn .

I look at her , she's holding up a purple bodysuit.

Fuck she think she a wear dat guh?

Before I could disapprove , she says "you remember this?"

I smile.

The memory clouds my mind and now it's as fresh as if it happened moments ago, actually it has  been a year now. I took her virginity the night she came to my house dressed in that bodysuit that hugged her curve so fucking well.

"From taking your virginity to turning you into my fiancé and the mother of my child  " I grin.

"Actually it started from you helping me to cut my birthday cake when we were kids. Rememba good nuh" she sits on my lap and wrap her arms around my neck.

I can't help realizing the light inside her eyes and her vibrant smile. She is still the purest soul I've met.

"Yuh know yuh neva suh cute when yuh likkle" I laugh and she playfully slaps my arm.

"Don't bright yuhself ! You were always the red skin boy , thank God likkle sunlight catch yuh" she claps back.

She ain't lying about that , turns out Laden might end up with my complexion but he'll be just fine.

"Wifey" I kiss her cheek and she blushes.

So fucking beautiful.

"What you think about me staying in Kingston for next week until I'm finished with my finals. I was hoping you and Laden could tag along but if not then I'll prefer traveling back and forth instead of staying"

I sense that she is unhappy about this and knowing Yanique she definitely wants me to make a decision because she wouldn't be able to, I don't want to tell her to stay in Kingston knowing she very much doesn't want to but at the same time I can't leave next week.

There is just way too much to attend to here in Mobay.

Laden starts crying and our attention is now on him, I pick him up from the swing and try to calm him down.

Yanique POV

The most attractive thing is watching him go into full daddy mode. He is so good with our son.

It doesn't take him too long to get Laden calm, this moment is too precious.

"Baby shake doo-doo-doo" he sings and I can't help myself but laugh

I don't think Laden is hungry , he had a bottle a few minutes ago so I check his nappy to see if he has passed any waste and turns out he did.

I clean him up and few minutes after he falls asleep.

I spend the rest of the day studying while Lando has been on more phone calls than I can count, most of which are taken privately.

"Babe me aguh bring Laden crib inside him room , think it's time fi see how dat work out .. weh yuh think?" Lando stands behind me.

I wasn't expecting this conversation this soon, to be fair I was hoping it would happen but now I'm a bit nervous about it. I've gotten so accustomed to him being inside our room.

"I guess it's time" I say.

"If yuh nuh ready den no rush" he rubs my shoulders to console me.

"I'm okay" I look over my shoulder at his.

If it's this hard to give Laden his own room then how will I manage on his first day of school?

Landon gives me a smooch before he leaves to begin setting up the room, I did most of the organizing already all that needs to be done is moving the crib back inside there and making sure the temperature is okay for Laden.

I continue studying while Landon gives an eye on our son and somehow managed to make dinner .

Moments later I'm seated around the table as I pick at the food not seeming to have an appetite. Exams tend to make me anxious to the point where I can't eat.

8:34pm

I've grown tried of reading so I decide it's about time I give it a rest.

Afterwards I take a shower and head to Laden's room. When I get there I find Lando asleep next to Laden.

Another precious moment I'm thankful to witness

I pull the sheet over his body before I turn the light off and head back to our bedroom. I guess I will be sleeping alone tonight.

I'll let them have their time.