Chapter 71

Lando's POV

In keeping a very low profile , I decided against staying at any of my villas. I booked us a cottage as close as possible to nature. It fits the type of vibe I'm going for, I still have a lot to catch up on.

I hope she likes it as much as I do.

9:45pm

We arrive at our destination , Yanique's light snores and strong perfume stamps her presence next to me inside the car.

The vehicle comes to a jolt and the bright headlights show off the small cottage that we'll be staying.

"Babe" I slightly slap her arm.

She murmurs a little then shift in her seat, still in a deep sleep. I unbuckle her seatbelt as I'm doing so my eyes land on her engagement ring.

Will I ever get use to this or will it always feel like a dream?

I'm not able to throw her over my shoulders anymore since she now has a human inside of her.

"Open your eyes nuh... wi reach" I shake her a little and she finally wakes up.

"Where are we?" She looks around her surrounding.

It's always like this for us , she sleeps during long drives and wake up in a foreign place.
That's how much trust she has in me and I'm flattered.

"In Negril at the cottage we'll be staying." I then take her bag from the back seat. I'm drained , my body is ready to hit the bed. This is the most exhausted I've been in a long while now.

A lot has happened today.

She gets out of the vehicle, still looking drowsy. Well both of us are tired , that much I can tell.

We get inside the wooden cottage and it smells so refreshing and feels cozy! Just as I imagined it to be.

I put the bags down.

"Babe you really outdid yourself. This was worth the drive" she looks around in awe. There isn't much to see outside , the darkness has covered it up but I know she will be amazed tomorrow by the breathtaking view.

"Wait until yuh see wah mi ave in mind fi di honeymoon" I smile confidently. I have an eye for these kind of things, it's apart of what I enjoy doing.

"You always have something up your sleeves" she gives me a tight hug.

"I'm tired , where's the bedroom" she yawns.

"Yuh nuh hungry?" I try to fight the sleep a little longer. After all she's carrying a human inside her, he's probably hungry.

Mi hungry and grimy right now.

"No.. just sleepy...I really need to take a bath and head to bed"she tells me.

"The first room on the right." I answer her before I rub her stomach

"Okay" she kisses my cheek. In an instance she tries to escape from out of my arms but I pull her back , feeling the need to be a little clingy.

"I love you" I look into her eyes , meaning every word spoken.

"I love you too and I get to do so for a lifetime" she says in a whisper.

"Yuh know somehow mi always know a mi aguh be yuh man" I admit.

The dynamics of our relationship have changed a lot since we first met. Yanique first appeared to me as the annoying little girl desperate for a sibling or some sort of companion. I on the other hand had no interest in being her brother figure , I remember multiple times I had to doge that role when we were kids.

I guess I always knew what I wanted to be... her man.

Now years later we are engaged and expecting a son.

Yanique's POV

"How could you be so sure?" I smile from ear to ear.I swear not even the light inside this beautiful living room isn't as bright as the smile this handsome man has put on my face.

He's all that and even more ! Everything I always wanted.

"Faith baby ...faith..." he holds me tighter and takes a few noticeable seconds to admire me. He makes me feel like his prize possession.

His phone rings just as I'm about to tell him I need to go wash up.

He takes the phone from his pocket and checks the caller ID.

His eyebrows become lower and pulled together. He pulls on his beard a little , seeming on edge.

What's wrong?

"Mi aguh answa dis , go get clean up mi soon fawud" he leaves the room and somehow he manages to shut me off in a second. It kills me how he manages to do that.

I sigh and roll my eyes , irritated by his sudden mood change. Another private call?

I hissed my teeth and walk away.

Moments later I find the luxurious bathroom. Its one of those rooms you probably wouldn't be able to find without some direction, the entrance is unique and at first glanced appeared to be a closet.

It's so clean , I almost feel guilty for taking a bath and leaving my mark in here.

The chandelier looks like it cost a fortune, it's a pleasing accent piece that compliments the room so well. I get undress and my clothes create a small pile on the marble tiles.

After minutes of just relaxing inside the tub, as much as I'd love to spend more time I can't help feeling like I'm drowning in my own doziness as my eyelids become heavy.

I quickly wash the soap off my body then make my way out on my tiptoe but still managing to leave my marks behind on the floor.

Ugggghhhh!

Just as I thought it couldn't get any better than this, I'm greeted by another master piece... the bedroom.

So captivating.

The wooden design makes me feel closer to nature than I've ever been. I can't wait to see what it looks like in the morning!

I hop in bed with high hopes that Lando joins me soon. He should have been next to me to witness my first impression of the place. I stare at my ring , butterflies stimulate my stomach.

Everything is falling into place yet still feels a bit off.

I shut my eyes, eager to find the switch to shut off my thoughts. Sadly it doesn't work like that.