*Chapter 43*

Lando's POV

"Di fire out?"I ask Mr Huggings who is on the other end of the line.

"Yeah around midnight" he notifies me of the informant's death.

I reached out to him moments after I came off the phone with Lawrence yesterday. Killing the guy that was giving Yanique's dad information is just a temporary fix to the problem, just enough to hold off Lawrence until I figure something out.

"Any smoke so far?" I sit.

"None"

I feel a bit better now knowing this will send a message , I just hope he isn't stupid to continue with this investigation. I mean, if he's sensible enough he'll hold off on it, after all it was easy to out his little friend's candle. He can only imagine what is to fawud next.

"Good , link Lawrence and show him di vibes... tell him fi gwan bill until mi fawud back ina di place"

"Consider it done"

I end the call and remain seated for a few more seconds, piecing the puzzle together inside my head. My fingers tap on the table, playing a beat to calm my mind.

What if this turns around to do more damage than good?
Between not wanting to hurt Yanique , trying to find a quick solution and not wanting to be the caused of drawing unwanted attention to Marksman. I must say this seemed like the right move at the time but now I can see it as adding gas to the already blazing fire.

A notification pops up on my phone screen from my Uncle. Didn't even remember I had his number saved , I make sure to delete his contact before I check his messages. He wants to link up , Lawrence must have notified him that I'm in Kingston.

Not the way I wanted my afternoon to look but just like me , he's not fund of reconnecting so I know whatever he needs me to hear must be better said in person than over the phone.

I respond , * Soon deh a foot , next hour*

12 pm
I join the zoom meeting, I didn't predict my mind would be this clouded but the business must continue besides I need to be here and soon this event planning will be over.

Money still ave fi mek.

"Good afternoon Mr. Hamilton" I'm greeted by Miss Davison the host of today's meeting. It's commendable that she is right on time with this, noting that I dropped this one of her last minute but she pulled through.

"Good afternoon, let's begin with the presentation of the menu.As discussed , I will like to sign off on this today" I shift my body in a better angle for the webcam.

After the presentation I speak with the head chef about a few adjustments to the menu and we then wrap things up and move on to covering advertisements.

"I prefer Instagram ads , it's more appealing to the audience and the type of people we want to grab." I say while making a note of that on my iPad.

"Okay sir" Angel , my marketing director says.

I feel calmer in this moment, I've grown to appreciate this side of myself but I try not to get too carried away by it ,because I know too well I can flick the switch and all of this disappear then I'm back to being the fucking ruthless demon who just ordered someone's death then moves on with their life like nothing happened.

Jah!

Soon the meeting comes to an end, I've been at it for approximately two hours so I'm not mad at all. I put away the laptop and suddenly the front door swings open and reveals the beautiful face I've been awaiting.

Yanique walks inside and set her bags on the the floor. She looks drained , her eyes hold a great amount of sadness. Well that's not how she left here this morning, I brace myself as she walks towards me.

I begin to think the worst.

The death of her dad

Didn't Mr Huggins get the word to Lawrence in time !

She flops her body on the couch next to me and curls up into a ball.

"Babe you wouldn't believe what happened" she sulks.

Fuck! Is this what I'm thinking??

"Wah gwan?" I inquire

"I left like three questions unanswered because the time ran out on me" surprisingly I'm relieved to hear these words. I almost forget to appear disappointed.

I kiss her forehead.

She seemed so well prepared earlier , this wasn't the outcome I was hoping for.

"Just three questions cya shake yuh babe, still sound like a pass" I begin to help her undress. This doesn't seem like a good time to tell her I'm leaving tomorrow.

Things in Flanker needs my attention immediately, I need to know that it is being handle my way before I can move forward.

"I can't redo these modules ,this is my final year"
She's now undress and standing next to me, with her lower body at my shoulder level as I remain seated in the couch. I take a better look at her stomach, still amazes me that our yute onboard.

The joy I feel is overwhelming and the urge to make things right by her heightens.

"You na redo nothing man, faith... memba dat?" She looks at me in awe.

Who seh mi nuh learn a thing or two from being around her.

"Yes , I remember" she smiles proudly.

This is the smile I want to keep on her beautiful face but it's such a struggle no matter how hard mi try.

"Get ready mek wi touch road" I grab her ass and she slightly slaps my arm.

She could use a day out , besides I need to be somewhere so she can tag along then we'll grab lunch afterwards. Nothing too crazy, just to clear her mind.

Use one stone kill two bird.

"Where are we going?"

She bends over to pick up the uniform from the floor, her motion speaks volumes. Can she be anymore obvious ?

No later than today babe!

The paradise between her legs peaks out from behind , I shift.

"A gun range" I clear my throat.

All of a sudden it feels so hard fi breathe. Di tings she duh to me!

And mi nuh fi believe seh dis ah obeah?

She turns around to face me.

Her lips poked out at me and she folds her arms. I get up , if I sit any longer I'll be forced to taste her from this perfect angel.

"Just get ready, don't tek long" I get behind her , our bodies glued together as I hug on her , walking to the bedroom.