Chapter 77

Lando's POV

"God ! What is that awful smell!" Yanique yells , her face drenched in disgust. She covers her nose and widens her eyes at me.

Di fuck!

I pull the neck of my shirt over my nose and sniff it.

Oh that smell.

"Mek mi just guh tek a shower and fawud" I try to walk away but she steps in front of me.

"Where have you been Lando?" She says in defeat.

Trying to hide anything from Yanique is like catching water inside a basket. Impossible.

I was advise by such lady not to wash off until mi dial di client. All of this bullshit just to burry the past. I can't help thinking I'm being pulled back into something I want no part of.

What next after this?

I can't allow myself to think I'm out of the game , life is so bloodclaat unpredictable but I already made her a promise.

"Just need fi shower first and den wi chat" she steps aside and I leave her. I can feel her eyes following me.

I know better than to have her reliving the bad moments , she's here physically but I worry somewhere down the line I've lost her mentality. I can't keep asking for chances I don't fucking deserve.

I'm this close to having the life I've been wanting, so fucking close yet so far.

I turn on the water and soon ten minutes turn into half an hour then an hour. I get out of the shower still blank , I've thought of a thousand ways to start , I can't help thinking I've been here before. I've been at this point where I had to choose between telling her the truth and possibly losing her or lying to her face and hoping it doesn't haunt me.

"That was a very long shower" she says as I enter our bedroom. It smells like her, I need it to feel more like ours once again. Perhaps she should move her things back here.

"It was needed" I tell her while I put on my boxers.

"Soo?" She walks over to me and helps to pull my shirt down.

"Thanks" I clear my throat then stretched my hand around her waist to take the deodorant from off the dresser.

She moves aside giving me space to finish up.

"I went to see a lady for a medicinal bath."The best I can come up with.

She knits her brows furiously.

"A bath!You come home smelling like death and you think I'm suppose to believe you went to get a medicinal bath!"She quotes her words with her fingers and I almost smirk.

I can't tell when last I've seen someone do that.

I remind straight face so she doesn't think I'm ridiculing her.

Smelling like death?

First time hearing that one.

"So why did you need a medicinal bath Lando ? Why didn't I know about this before ?" She takes full control of this moment , throwing questions after questions.

Happy to see the fire isn't gone, she was just waiting to explode.

"Next time I'll let you know before" is all I say.

"We are engaged and this is how you plan to start this new chapter ? Being sneaky , barely sharing information with me ? What next ?"

She begins to throw a fit.

I can't find a valid explanation, I look at her then at her engagement ring. The joy that engulfs me just reminiscing on the moment she said yes, this is no where near what I wanted to bring to the table after taking that step.

"Mi fuck up" I walk towards her and pull her into my chest.

"Na guh be a next time babe" her bright eyes pierce mine. She isn't convinced.

I kiss her cheek.

"We agreed to do things differently..." she starts

"Sssshhh... just trust mi , na guh happen again" my finger touch her soft lips.

Only I can touch her like this, she knows it and so do I.

Yanique's POV

Just one touch , literally that's all it takes. His finger parts my lips and I close my eyes. I so wish I could snap out of it but it would take all the strength I have to do so.

Instead I welcome his warm lips heatedly colliding with mine.

The sparks inside me ignites when his finger slides under the hem of my oversized T-shirt. I'm thankful I didn't get fully dressed earlier.

He smells delicious.

I can feel the air being sucked out of me , desperately I try to keep up with his tongue movements. My eyes are now half closed and every fiber inside my body anticipates his next gesture.

Surprisingly he breaks the kiss and pulls away from me, I look at him with disappointment.

What just happen ?

"Di baby moved" he says flabbergasted.

I burst out laughing, for a second I thought that was the butterflies inside my stomach but he's absolutely right.

Our baby boy really moved.

Lando looks both excited and shocked at the same time.

"Hey boy , look how yuh mash up daddy plans" he giggles before he kneels before me and the next think I know his eyes are glued to my stomach.

I feel a slight pain again then Lando looks up at me with the brightest smile.

"Di boy active " he says.

I can't tell who's more excited at this moment , him or the baby. I need to sit.

"It's painful?" He ask realizing my expression.

"Slightly" I take a seat on the bed but then decide to lay on my back for a while. Lando begins rubbing my stomach.

"Yuh knowonce yuh give birth it will neva be our timing again, our whole life will revolve around this little man" he sounds thrilled. This doesn't seem to faze him at all.

He gives the best stomach rubs.

I already feel a lot more comfortable.

"You ready for all that?" I place the pillow behind my head. Much better.

"Of course! , been ready" he kisses my stomach.

I can't wait to see him in daddy mode. That will definitely be worth watching.

"I love you" I smile at him.

"Love yuh like life baby"