Chapter 59

Yanique's POV

He's here and didn't even bother to give me a call notifying me first. Still can't wrap my head around the fact that we are seated at the table having dinner and Lando is being so casual about it.

How can he be like this ?

He leaves then pops up whenever he wants, the ball is always in his court and I don't think he understands how hurtful it is to feel left out at all times.

"Patrice since you are our first time visitor then you can lead the prayer" Miss Wright says and I snap back to reality.

My heart starts pounding out of my chest, I'm not nervous about Patrice praying. I actually should be , but whenever Lando is around I can't shake how nervous he makes me feel, now more than ever.

He keeps checking his phone, but every time he takes his eyes off the screen they land on me.

I swallow.

"Bow all heads" Patrice grins.

Lord here we go...

I hold my breath!

Jessica giggles and I steal a peak to warn her.

"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for bringing us together. Thanks for the food and blessing Miss Wright with good hands, a beautiful home and a warm heart. Amen"

It was a descent prayer thankfully.

I loosen up as I dig into my meal.

I'm having curry goat ,fry chicken with rice and peas and mash potatoes. Let's just say Miss Wright knows how to cook a meal! I've known that since the first time she brought me food when I was staying at Lando's place.

Time has really flew by.

Glad to see she haven't dropped the batten.

Moments later Lando engages in a conversation with his mother , they are talking about his visit with a friend when he was in England.

"Mi aguh get some more curry goat" Lando tells his mother before he excuses himself from the table.
I pick at the remains of my food as I try not to stare at him, but what else is there for me to do?

He has surely gained a lot more muscles, his triceps are huger than before and his chest broader.

Knowing Lando, wherever the gym is you can certainly find him but I do wonder what else he has been doing to occupy his time.

My chest tighten by the slightest though of him being with another woman while he was gone.

He wouldn't do such a thing , I mean we weren't communicating but....

I sigh.

As the minutes go by , it's the more the awkwardness between us grow.

"Malcolm almost reach in the town , so I'll have to leave out soon" Patrice says in the open.

I'm sad that she has to return to Kingston, can't she just move here ?

"Okay..." I respond

"Jessica can drop me off , yuh don't have to rush to leave here"Patrice smirks and Jessica immediately catches on to her play and they both laugh.

" Mi finish up enu so tell me whenever you are ready. Yan can stay behind" Jessica says before she turn to face me. Her eyes light up as she beams deviously at me.

Wow! Look at them so eager to leave me here alone.

Miss Wright must can use the extra hand to clean up so I don't mind staying.

Lando hasn't been back from the kitchen, probably found away to ditch dinner with us or he's chilling with his little sister.

"You ladies want pudding ? Mi have some in the kitchen" Miss Wright gets up from her seat.

Patrice sallows the last of her carrot juice, before she answers , "yes please ... I'll have a slice to take with me"

"Cut mine too Miss Wright please"Jessica says as she begins to gather the plates to take to the kitchen.

"I'll have mine when I'm ready to leave" I tell her. She smiles then walks to the kitchen.

I don't know why I keep checking to see if Lando will come back to the dinning room.

I begin to help Jessica with the dishes while we chat a little about her job.

"It just proves to me that this is not the right field for me Yan, I have been struggling lately to like what I do!" She pouts.

"College makes everything seem so challenging but this is just the rough road ! Smooth roads are ahead. I'm sure when yuh start work and dress up inna yuh suit yuh aguh find di passion you once had. Just time mama" Patrice tells her.

"Yeah definitely, just hold on a little longer you almost finished with UWI. One more semester and you're out" I console her.

Miss Wright enters the kitchen with a big smile, "Sorry I stayed so long , needed to talk with Mr. man." She apologizes but we assure her the wait was no problem.

At least that explains his disappearance a little.

We are done doing the dishes and the kitchen looks amazing.

"Here you go sweetheart" she hands Patrice her pudding inside a foam box and then Jessica.

"Thanks for having us Miss Wright" Jessica hugs her and the Patrice tells us goodbye before they both leave the house.

I stay behind with Miss Wright in the kitchen.

Now that all the cleaning is done earlier than I expected , I take it as my cue to leave.

"I should be going Miss Wright , dinner was lovely"
I check my phone for the time, it's now 6:04pm

Doesn't even look dark outside.

"Okay my sweet Yan... you sure you don't want to say anything to him before you go. I don't mean to intrigue but I realized you guys haven't said anything to each other ." She rubs my shoulder and I quickly give her a smile filled with gratitude.

"I.." I begin to speak.

Suddenly the man of the hour walks in and steals our attention. He has been doing so since he got back.

"You're ready to leave now?" He directs the question to me.

Such perfect timing ... was he waiting on my friends to leave ?

Sounds like something Lando would definitely do , I should have known.

"Yes I was just telling your mom goodnight" I clear my throat.

"Kiss Jade for me" I say as I hug Miss Wright.