*Chapter 8*

Yanique POV

I can suddenly feel myself changing. I start getting annoyed when someone invades my space. I normally never care much about these little things but I have recently become alarmed about just a simple conversation being too long .

I call Patrice to clear my mind. Texting her will not help and I can't talk to Jessica about these things , she'll tell me to pray about it.

"Hey babe" she picks up.

"Patrice do you think I've changed?" the question sound so silly to ask . We haven't been around each other but I hope if anyone can sense these changes it is her, she is the lease judgmental person I know.

"What kind of changes are you referring to exactly?" She sounds taken aback by my question.

"Well ... I don't know . I mean , in any way at all"

"Ahhhmmm well you have been wanting to come back to Kingston, which is unusual. You usually enjoy time with your family but now you seem to crave your independence. Also , you have been pretty worried about your appearance. Normally you wouldn't care about the amount of food you eat... what's going on?"

I stay quiet for awhile before I gather my thoughts. All of what she said is true , I just wanted confirmation that I'm not the only one realizing these changes. Maybe it is time for me to get an apartment.

"I don't know , I haven't figure it out. I think it is time for me to leave my parents house and discover who I am." I sigh.

"Okay , well if that's what you need to do so you can adjust to these changes then do it. I don't see anything wrong with growth" see , she always knows what to say without sounding judgmental. She is the best at this.

It all sounds so intimidating to me. I don't know what my parents are gonna think about it and I don't even know if it will make me feel any better but at least I have to try. I can't be miserable just because I refuse to adopt to these changes.

"Thanks Patrice . ... I wish you were here"

What I meant to say is I wish my parents would allow her to be here .

"Girl I'm seeing you next week remember. We can start looking at apartments for you from now"

I want to tell her that I need to run it by my parent first but which twenty two years old needs permission to move out. So instead I say "Okay . It is a set deal then"

"Alright babe, love you" she says

"Love you" I end the call and lay in bed long enough to decide on how I'm gonna break the news to my mom. I finally gather enough courage and walk to her room.

I hear her murmuring, probably busy . I'll come back a next time. "Yes mi nuh know if a lando get shot but him involve" her words knock the life out of me.

I feel weak. What did I just hear , lando got shot!!
I head back to my room and grab my phone. I unblock his number , my hands are shaking.

I hope he is using this number.
I call him. His phone goes straight to voice mail.

Oh no! This can not happen.

I don't care how my parents want to look at me but I need answers . I get up from my bed and decide to go ask my mom to confirm if he got shot or probably I heard wrong.

Suddenly my phone rings and I quickly answer.

It is Lando. "Where are you? Are you okay ... are you hurt? ... Are you"

"Yanique what did you hear ?" His voice sounds hoarse and low. I think he is hurt.

"Just answer me first , tell me .... Are you hurt?"