Chapter 64

Lando's POV

I overlook what she just said, simply because I don't have the time nor patience to beg to differ.

"What part will I play in this event for our child?"

That's the question I need an answer to right now, she has been leaving me out without even recognizing that. Probably if I felt included then I wouldn't have to demand my role.

"This is an event Jessica and Patrice have been planning babe, we as the parents just get to show up and enjoy it. I only ask for your help with the catering because I need it" she shrugs.

Yanique is quite comfortable with this, I'm not.

Mi not even wah come off rude or unappreciative but truly mi nuh know wah it feel like fi ave friends getting sum'n done fimi. At least not like this.

Besides , they are her friends not mine and I don't want to tell my child a story about something I didn't play a role in.

"Okay" I give in and hug her from behind while she makes the dumplings.

Why all of a sudden mi feel like she can get weh wid anyting !

She get di softest part a mi heart!

"Duh yuh ting , mek mi know if yuh need anything zeen?" I rest my chin in the croak of her neck, her ass rubs against my print.

After dinner , I'll need some pussy.

We can't go wrong with a little sex!

"Well I need help with setting up the baby's crib at my place"she says.

I hiss and back away from her. She looks at me confuse.

She really lost her bloodclaat mind now. It's like she purposely do these things to piss mi off or drive mi crazy.

"Wah else yuh lef mi outta ! I was gone for a few months! Yuh mek all these plans like yuh completely figet I'm apart of our child's life?" My anger pumps.

"Lando I had no choice! Life had to continue, I couldn't just sit around and wait for you to come back, I didn't even know if we would work things out so after a month of crying I had to get up and do what was right for our child"

Wah di fuck she mean, she even a hear herself right now?

Mi neva once give her di impression seh mi wouldn't return or she need fi take on things on her own! She always had my number !

Mi even mek mi brother contact her when she stop tek mi call!

I was very much active in her life as best as I fucking could!

"Yanique ... you chose to block me out because you were angry I left and even so that should never give you the right to make all these decisions and plans about our child without including me! You did it because you wanted to , end of fucking discussion"

I walk away .

Mi can't even look at her right now.

I feel excluded out of my child's life and she of all person should understand what these memories mean to a new parent!

Where is my weed?

I take the bag from the table and walk outside.

Yanique POV

I'm finish with dinner, I shared his food.

I guess I'll have to take it to him, since he has no intention of returning inside.

I have replayed the whole thing inside my head. I am the one who had to pull myself up when he left me but to him, it's as if he never left and I should have continued like everything was okay between us even though there were so many uncertainties.

"Here" I place the plate on the table, then the glass of orange juice.

He continues to smoke.

I sit next to him, it's cold out here!

The Christmas breeze is certainly sooner than expected.

"Go inside" he tells me and it sounds like a deadly warning.

I remain planted in my spot.

"You na eat before the food get cold?" I ask.

Where did this Yanique come from?...I'm not backing from a challenge and I love this side of me.

He's angry and so am I but regardless I prefer reasoning things out.

"I will, just give mi sometime . Go back 'een"

Wow, he really doesn't want me around, this is probably the moment I should explain myself to clear any misunderstanding but something tells me I should give him whatever space he needs until he chooses to come around.

I watch as he continues to smoke, now he seems so distant and cold towards me.

We were just okay .

I get up and leave him alone.

As I walk back inside I feel defeated.

I clean the kitchen, as I do so I begin to hear Lando having a conversation on his phone. The door is left open so I can hear him from where I am, not too clear.

I wonder who he's talking to this late, probably that's why he didn't want me around to listen. My heart starts racing and I begin to think the worst things.

It scares me because I never felt the need to think he would ever hide anything else from me after coming clean the other night but why does he need to take his calls in private.

Probably overthinking.

I wish I had the bravery to go outside, but then he would think I don't trust him. It's not that I don't but I am scared of going back to where we once were.

I am finished with cleaning so I head to the bathroom and do my face routine before I turn the lights off and get into bed.

I'm unable to sleep after hours have passed and he's still not next to me so I pick up my phone to occupy my time until then.

"Why aren't you sleeping" he walks into the room and gets in bed next to me.

I don't answer.

His body feels slightly cold against my warmth.
He uses one hand to spoon me over to him and my ass smooch on his bulge .

I swallow and close my eyes.

He kisses my earlobe then lays his head on the pillow behind me. I can feel his chest movement as he breathes on my skin causing me to shiver.

I start praying for our unity , safety and also our journey as new parents.

"Amen" he repeats after me.

After awhile he falls asleep and I surrender to my sleepiness.