*Chapter 83*

Yanique's POV

I never knew I could love someone the way I love my son. This aspect of love is only best understood when you have experience it.

I feel as if everything I once stood for now as absolute no meaning to me, my only purpose for existing is to protect him from this world as much as I can and as long as I am here.

As I hold him inside my arms with all these tubes attached to him body , the hurt I feel crushes my soul. Just knowing he already has to know what it feels like to feel pain after only being here for less than a day.

Nevertheless I'm grateful, I'm honored to have him here , knowing this could have been a different outcome.

He looks so much like me.

He surely got him daddy's eyes though.

I sob while stroking his hair. Where did he get all this hair from?

"He's perfect" I tell Lando who looks at me in pure admiration.

"Laden" He says and I'm flabbergasted.

"You named him already" my heart smiles.

I actually love the name.

"Wah yuh think bout di name?" He kiss my forehead.

"Laden Ajawn Hamilton" I beam.

He nods in agreement.

" I love you" Lando hovers over us on the bed , his presence calms my soul. The side of Lando I've been longing to see , he is in full daddy mode and I wouldn't want to walk this journey with anyone else besides from him.

Lando's POV

6:25 pm

I stand outside of the hospital, next to my car. Lawrence leans back on his car bonnet.

"So Miss Wright gonna stay overnight with her ?" He ask me while blazing his weed.

"No , just until mi guh whul a quick bathe and fawud back"
I've told him everything that went down since I left his house last night, he's the only person I've given so much details of the situation.

However as for the others , without the full story they have been here to visit Yan earlier. All just thankful she and our son are alive.

Lawrence somehow hasn't asked to see her , nor his nephew.

"Yuh know yuh can visit ina di mawning fi see dem.."

"No" he interjects.

"I'll visit when they are both healthy and at home mate" he then adds and his boundaries go up.

I suddenly remember he doesn't take this kind of approach well, Lawrence mother lost her live while giving birth to Lawrence's brother. Neither his mother nor brother didn't survive so I can understand his reasons for not wanting to be inside of a hospital.

"Alright . Will link yuh tomorrow"

We hug before going our separate ways.

Usually I would speed but this time my mind tells me I need time to reflect, I really haven't gotten anytime to do so. Everything happened in a flash. It takes me a hour to arrive home.

When I get inside the house I check my phone. A few strange numbers have left serval missed calls on my phone , I scroll through my messages.

I see a message from Busshead, I haven't contacted him in months. Nothing has changed but we just never crossed paths since I've been staying out of that area.

I don't open it , it can't be about anything good and right now I can't deal with anything else on my mind.

I grab the suitcase filled with my son's clothes and all the necessities. Yanique had packed this just in case of any emergency and turns out now her biggest concern is him wearing the clothes provided by the hospital.

I then take a shower and get dressed.

Less than a hour I'm ready to head back to the hospital.

I take my car key and my phone , I realize another strange number has recently called me. Suddenly my phone rings again and I answer just in time.

"Who dis ?" I'm annoyed.

"Miss Grace. I want to visit Yanique at the hospital, can you add me to the visitor list?" She sounds calmer than usual. The type of tone that tells you she comes in peace.

I don't know who told her Yan is in the hospital and I don't even think it's a good idea for her to visit. None of them were supportive throughout her pregnancy so why they want to show up now.

That explains all this bloodclaat missed calls on mi phone. Weh she even get mi digits from?

Out of respect for Yanique I react in the most subtle manner.

"Mi nuh approve a dat. It's a difficult time fi wi right now suh dat cya wuk"

"Yanique is still my child despite whatever issues we had and I don't think you have a say in whether or not I get to see my child." She counteracts.

Mi wonder if she get it mixed up or she tink a some punk she a deal wid. I refuse to go back and forth over di phone with anybody. Given the fact seh a still Yan mother mi let it guh.

"Mi still nuh approve and delete mi digits" I hang up.

I continue grabbing a few things , whatever I think can give Yan and our son more comfort. The nurse did inform me that she might be staying there until her glucose level is stable and our son could be leaving within a week time.

Few hours later and I get back to the hospital. I'm greeted by my mother kneeling at Yanique's Bedside praying. There are two nurses and I conclude that this room is full but they are all worshiping, I sense a great feeling of sadness and if Yanique's eyes weren't open then I would be force to think she left me.

I look over at her , she seem fine with what is going on around her. I sigh and stand at the door, not sure what to do in this moment.

We make eye contact for a few seconds until a tear falls down her cheek and I walk over to hold her hand.

"I pray for strength , revive her spirit , her soul, her mind, her body! I declare healing in the name of Jesus!" My mother prays and it reminds me of a time when she would pray for my father , it's like she could sense danger and whenever she prayed according to her all the evil assignments were canceled.

I don't understand it but I've seen it work so I believe it. Even the smell inside the room has changed.

Mi know mi nuh high.