Chapter 66

Yanique POV
12:57pm

Lando enters the living room to check on me again. This is now my third meal while getting my make up done, I've lost count of how many bathroom breaks I took.

60 minutes in and Toni sprays the setting spray over my face to complete the natural glam look.

I take the remote from the couch and pause the music.

"Wow I love it" I say truthfully as I look into the mirror .

"You already have beautiful features... the makeup suits you so well" she compliments me and I blush a little.

Something about a compliment coming from a woman that set the bar for me.

"What you think you're having ... boy or girl?" She begins packing her stuff. She mentioned earlier that she has another client afterwards. She's pretty good at her job which explains why she is booked. I hope I didn't take up too much of her time.

"I honestly don't have a clue... everyone thinks I'm having a boy because of the shape of my belly."

She looks at my stomach then smirks.

"Yes your stomach is low ... definitely a boy" she laughs.

My phone rings ... it's a FaceTime call from Patrice.

"Hey boo" I answer.

"Watch the doll! How di lady nice suh? Deh make up ya sidung pan yuh face mama!" She hypes me.

"Thanks love"

"Don't be late for your own gender reveal ... it look like you not even near fi ready yet and almost everyone is here" she tells me.

Definitely being dramatic, as per usual.

It's 1:07 pm which means I have enough time to get ready.

It's less than a ten minutes drive so I'll get there just in time.

"Toni just finished my make up ... and I'm about to start getting dressed any minute now" I assure Patrice.

Patrice hair is braided to the back , it's the first time I'm seeing her in this hairstyle but it suits her perfectly. Her dark skin is glowing underneath the sunshine.The melanin is popping extra today!

"What about Mr. man? Him na guh take another 10 years fi get ready too?" She's referring to Lando, I chuckle.

"Definitely not... we'll be there soon! Stop worry yuhself nuh" I look over at Toni who seems all set and reward to go.

I already paid her prior to booking my appointment so I guess we are all set then.

I get up from out of the chair. My legs feel sore , pregnancy is definitely not treating me well as I'd like but we can't have it all right ?

"Ready?" I ask Toni.

She nods and I walk her out.

"How soon is soon?" Patrice antagonizes me.

"Next 15 minutes"

Toni gets inside her car.

"Thanks for having me... take care and safe delivery" she tells me before starting the engine.

"Thanks hun"

She drives out and I watch the gates close then I proceed to talking to Patrice on my way back inside the house.

"Okay .. see you soon...mwaaah!" I blow her a kiss before I end the FaceTime call.

Lando's POV

"Babe you get ready before me?" Yan appears behind me. A second earlier and she would have ruined the surprise , it's so hard hiding anything from her.

"Yah.. mi mek sure gi yuh all a di time fi get ready" I turn around .

Wow!

Just fucking wow!

"First mi a see yuh ina full face makeup" I stare at her.

It's different... definitely can't see myself getting use to this look. She looks stunning but it's too far from what I'm use to . I like her all natural.

"You like it ?" She smiles nervously.

"Yeah... mi like it" I kiss her.

"Babe don't smush mi lipgloss" she backs away from me.

Yeah mi definitely like the natural look more.

"Alright ... start get ready nuh" I cup her boobs. Testing her mood, I'm already in that kind of mood.

"Lando" she warns me.

"Not even a quickie?" I squeeze her boobs then slap her ass.

She's a goddess... her body , beauty , personality!

Definitely top tier.

"When we get home" she blows me a kiss then walk to the bathroom.

I take the box from my pocket and look at the glistening diamond ring one more time. For the first time I can admit I'm shaking in my boots right now.

Never been this nervous in my entire fucking life.

I hope everything is set up perfectly but most of all I'm hoping she says yes.

Moments later she entires the room and I'm now seated in the couch. She is wearing a white elegant dress and mi just can't tek mi eyes off a her.

"If I waited another day to wear this dress then it wouldn't fit" she laughs as she puts on her jewelry and added the final touch to the outfit.

I'm wearing my white polo shirt , ash colour jeans and Burberry sneakers. I bought a matching pair for Yan too that she is now wearing.

"I'm driving" she takes the car key.

I'm too stunned to even talk.

Wah get up in her today.

When we get to her car she quickly snaps a picture of me off guard. Her gallery nuh full yet?

I check my phone and there are a few missed calls from Lawrence and my mom.

Miss Emma text me notifying me that she has arrived at the event.

"No speeding" I look over to Yan. She is doing 60 mph ... not bad, giving the fact that her foot heavy.

She rolls her eyes.

I double check my pocket ...

The box is still there.
I feel my heart pounding inside my chest . I rub her stomach.

Wish yuh fada luck

"Babe yuh nervous" she ask and I freeze.

"Huh?" I say confused.

"We are about to find out our baby's gender..are you nervous?" She clarifies.

Oh ! For a second I thought she meant nervous about asking her to be my wife. I release a breath of relief .

"I'm nervous about being a dad overall" I admit .

With one hand still resting on the steering wheel , she holds my hand.

" You are gonna be a great dad , no doubts about that" she smiles and it comforts me. My breathing calms.

She mek a gangster wah tun a saint again. How dat even possible!