*Chapter 19*

Yanique's POV

Church came to an end.

It was beautiful watching Jade get baptized it makes me wonder if Lando was ever baptized before, I am in no mood to ask him now.

"Yanique" I hear my dad's voice call my name.

Everything feels at ease now. I turn around to face him.

"Hey daddy" I give him a tight hug.

He holds me in his arms for awhile before he releases me then he looks at me. "You put on all this weight" he hugs me again. I try not to cry. His warm embrace makes me so emotional.

This is all I wanted.

I was worried his reaction towards me would be as bitter as my mom's but thankfully it is all that I prayed it would be like.

He lets go and smiles at me.

"We have so much to talk about.... Stop by the house today. Mi know you and your mother don't see eye to eye but you're our only child . You always welcome home." His words melt my heart.I quickly look behind me to check on Lando , he is having a conversation with his mother. By the look on her face I can tell she is not pleased about something.

"I will" I tell me dad.

Lando walks over to me. Must be ready to leave.

"Good afternoon" he stretches his hand toward my dad and they exchange a handshake.

"You are Lando" my dad says.

"Yanique!!!" Jessica runs over and hugs me. Thank God she is here to rescue me just in time.

We leave Lando and my dad behind having a conversation which seems to be going well.

"You brought him to church... deh man deh in love wid yuh mi na ask Christ!" She squeals .

"Jessica !" I blush.

I look back at him one more time , I can't seem to take my eyes off him. My dad and him are now laughing. It makes me almost forget about our problems. I'm so happy they are getting along.

"You put on so much weight. Girl it fit yuh! Mi did always know if you gain some more weight it woulda bring out yuh shape more" she hypes me.

I can't help but giggle. I've heard this a lot.

After mi eat like mi a eat fi two mi woulda must get thick and Lando keeps feeding me.... Oh my God...

Oh my God!

Oh my God!

I didn't take the pill, didn't Lando... ?

"A wah?" Jessica ask concerned. I then realized I've zoned out during our conversation.

"You ready babe?" Lando whispers in my ear.

His ability to pretend as if we are on good terms is mind boggling.

"I'm going to say goodbye to my dad first ... I'll meet you in the car." I hand him my car key, he takes it and then walks away .

I watch as he meets up with his mother and sister and they exit the church together.

I give Jessica a long hug before we say our goodbyes.

I haven't seen my mother since I got here. I look around for my dad and to my surprise she is standing next to him. They are having a conversation with the Pastor.

It doesn't look like either of them are pleased. I walk over and I am greeted by my mother's displeased look.

Here we go.