Chapter 73

Lando's POV

I lean against the bathroom door listening to the dreadful sound of Yanique throwing up.

"Mi a come in" I tell her. I can't stand here doing nothing any longer , besides I've seen worst.

"No!" She yells before throwing up again.

That's it...

I walk inside and I'm immediately greeted by the sight of her kneeling before the toilet with her head hanging down.

I stoop behind her and rest my hands around her stomach. She begins sobbing in pain.

I feel fucking useless once again, what can I do to help?

She continues throwing up for the next three minutes until she catches a break , I hope. She rest her back against my chest and we are now both seated on the floor. The bathroom smells slightly unpleasant. Nevertheless I'm not leaving her side.

"You want to go to the doctor?" I ask not knowing what else to do in this situation.

"No, it's just hormonal changes... it's nothing to worry about" her nurse instinct kicks in. I decide to hold her to her words.

"I should clean up" she restlessly says.

"Mi aguh clean up di bathroom first den gi yuh a bath."

Yanique's POV

After he's finish cleaning the bathroom, I'm happy I didn't give him a fight on this. He actually did a better job than I would have. I'm laying inside the tub filled with warm water as I watch him put away the cleaning supplies. He then wash his hands and attend to me.

He lathers the soap on my body, gently rubbing my skin with a rag.

His touch his soothing, I sigh and close my eyes. I can feel my entire body relaxing.

"I guess we'll have to cancel the boat ride and stay in today" his husky voice fills the room and I open my eyes to look at him.

"Why?" I ask, clueless that he had an event planned for us but typical Lando will always make it worth my time.

"Boat ride a di last ting yuh need fi duh right now. Yuh done nauseous already" he scolds me. I can tell he's not having it with me , even if I wanted to convince him that I'm perfectly fine he wouldn't buy it.

"Okay" I would love to still go actually, I can already think of my outfit!

His fingers leave my stomach and trail to my V-section. I swallow.

"No boat ride but yuh can definitely ride on me"he smirks before he pulls away his hand. His slick mouth never fails to amaze me, how does he come up with these things to say?

"That won't make me even more nauseous?" I play along with the biggest grin on my face.

Look at me! The older version of myself would never!

"Not if yuh ride extremely slow" he gaslights me.

See! Again! How does he come up with his lines?

I run out of words to say so I simply smile.

Lando's POV

Her health comes before my needs but I have to admit I had no idea what I was signing up for , pregnancy is really a fucking scary thing yet the best thing that has ever happened to me thus far.

Yanique is finished with her bath and has already made her way to the bedroom to get dressed. While I'm still trying to keep a close eye on her , I stay in the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Am I in over my head on this one? Keeping a big secret from the woman I promised to never lie to, the mother of my unborn child and my wife to be.

This time just feel much more complex , it nuh feel like one a di quick move mi use to have fi mek.

There is no denying that something is fucking off with MOCA now taking sudden interest , more killing , more betrayal, Yanique Father's eager to put mi behind bars.

Rassclaaat!

How do I keep holding down everything for her when all I want is a fucking do over at life.

Jah know star, if only mi did make that one kill! Now mi feel like this is a game of chess and mi lose mi next move.

"Babe"the sound of her voice pulls me out of my head. I realize I have been standing underneath the shower for the past couple of minutes. I turn off the shower and slide the glass door.

"Look what I found" she shows me the checkers board.

God is making a fucking mockery of me. I laugh.

"You know how to play ?" I ask as I step out to the shower and onto the rug. She looks down on my third leg and lose all focus in a blink of an eye. I would say something but I'm also in that mood.

For the first time I don't think I want to make the first move, I don't want her thinking I'm disregarding her not feeling well.

I exhale and hesitantly wrap the towel around my waist blocking her view. She looks up at me.

"Yes I'm actually good at board games" she smiles coyly.

We both know something else she's good at.

"Wi can maths dat up den, yuh want tea or anything ?" I try to distract myself from the sight of her ass giggling when she walks.

Why she nuh wear clothes, this fucking piece a shorts weh show up her batty just na mek it any easier fi mi.

"Nope... just get dress and join me on the bed sir" she hops on top of the bed and pulls the blanket over her legs.

"Yuh just vomit up every yuh consume earlier, yuh sure yuh nuh need something fi catch up yuh stomach?" I try again.

"I'm sure..." she begins to make sure everything is in place for a game of checkers.

I can't remember when last I've played a board game, probably back in prep school.

I'm finished getting dressed in my white T-shirt and black Nike shorts. I put on deodorant and lotion and I'm all ready to join her on the bed.

"Hand me the remote please"

I do as she ask and in a sec she begins strolling through YouTube for songs. Thank Jah wi nuh ave fi watch di doctor show today.

"What you want to listen to?" She ask me, seeming a bit overwhelmed.

I take the remote and play a Beres Hammond playlist.

"Who's going first" she ask underneath the sound of one of my favorite songs :Love from a Distance.It's painful to want someone this much, it makes me think about what I'd do if someone tries to come between us.

I move first.

30 minutes later and this is our second game mi think. She's definitely good at this, a lot better than me!
Yan is definitely happy about her victory, I'm not looking forward to another game.