*Chapter 57*

Lando's POV
Sunday 7:22 am
Montego Bay, Jamaica.

So close yet so far, somehow business keeps following me around but another day will not pass by and I don't get to see her.

I've been keeping a fucking low profile since I landed last night and checking up on business while still managing to resist the urge to knock on her door!

After four long months of being away , I would expect her house would be my first stop but  I don't know what I'll say when I face her.

Where to even start.

I sigh.

I look around my living room , it feels foreign to me.
Still doesn't feel like home without her being here, every fucking thing reminds me of her.

Like mi a mad out.

Jah Jah!

I check the time , I need to take a shower if I'm gonna make it to that place on time.

So much things to do today, I need to see my mother. Like Yanique , she was against the idea of me visiting England to do business for Lawrence so I'm still figuring out what I'll say to her too.

I've left so much things unsaid and unsettle when I decided to leave. The whole relationship with my woman feel like it crumbled but I just knew being a man and owning up to my responsibilities came first. I didn't want those same things creeping up back on me , I saw the bigger picture while she wasn't able to even see the picture frame.

Mi just hope all a this did worth it and somehow mi can work mi way back to her. If she gimi deh chance deh but one thing fi sure ...Mi aguh di deh fimi yute.

I step into the shower, my mind is overwhelmed by all the thoughts. I try to enjoy the peace before my storm but somehow I can only focus on di bloodclaat storm.

Few minutes later I turn the shower off and grab a towel before I get out the bathroom.

It takes me less than ten minutes to get ready.

My phone rings ...

Who dis ya?...

"Yow" I answer ,it's Lawrence .

"Link mi around 5 today mek mi show you a vibes mate" his patios is fucking terrible.

5pm? I mentally check if I have anything to do around that time. Probably I do but I'll make it work.

"Location?" I ask him.

"My house" he respond.

"Which one?" I hiss, irritated by his poor communication skills.

"Spring Farm"

The call ends.

This tux fits a little too tight around my muscles , I need to get new ones. I spent most of my time in the gym when I wasn't occupied with work. After all there wasn't anything else to do, I couldn't let my mind be consumed with thoughts of Yanique or else I knew I wouldn't have lasted for that long in another country.

I neatly tuck my gun inside my waist before I leave

Yanique's POV

"Girl calm down... I promise you they're all staring at your glow" Patrice comforts me as we walk over to our seats. My heart is racing faster than Usain Bolt.

Ohh this can't be good. I need to relax.

Can I ?

Jessica's excitement is hard to not notice, her smile illuminates the room as we join her.

"Heey mama" Patrice hugs her.

I give Jessica a quick hug before I sit next to her and the ceremony begins.

We are right in time.

I'm sandwiched by the two of them , when I tell you they don't play about me I honestly mean every word. Today is my first day back in church and I'm thrilled to be in the house of the Lord, but I can't hide my nervousness.

It's not big of a deal

Actually it is....

I'm the church sister who has lost her way and showed up months after pregnant. I mean who wouldn't eat up that hot gossip. I try to focus on the pastor as he preaches , I feel a bit more relaxed when my mind tunes into the words.

"Let he without sin cast the first stone!" Pastor Taylor shouts and the congregation starts praising.

"Amen!!" Patrice shouts , she is such a character.

If you brought her to a club , she'll know how to act ... if you brought her to a courthouse she will also very much know how to conduct herself. She blends in well, no matter where and I love that about her.

"Can I preach it like I feel it !" The pastor leaves the alter and makes his way through the aisle.

The congregation stands and cheers him on.

"Yes pastor" Patrice gets up from her seat and I giggle a little.

As the ceremony comes to an end Pastor Taylor calls up those who wishes to receive prayer. Hesitantly I make my way up. I know God for myself, so I will not pass on his blessing.

I realize Patrice and Jessica makes a face when they look behind me , they both look like they've seen a ghost but I decide not to pay much attention to whatever or whoever caught their eyes. I continue walking until I get to the alter.

"Congrats my daughter, a baby is a blessing . It doesn't matter the circumstances, I want you to know God is always with you. I see you hurting...." Pastor Taylor continues speaking to me as he places his hand on my forehead. I feel a tear tickle down my cheek then in an instant I smell him.

I smell Lando.

Someone holds my hand and I know immediately it is him. His fingers intertwined with mine and I finally open my eyes and look next to me.

He is standing with his head bowed as the Pastor begins to now pray over both of us.

I can't be dreaming.

"Oh lord I pray for their coverage, in their coming in and their going out! I place your son before you God, I can see where he is struggling to open his heart to you, but as you have already blessed him with your daughter , I pray you will remind him that you are an on time God, the alpha , the omega ! The God that never fails! Give him wisdom and understanding so that he will humble himself and seek your way , hear your calling ! I cancel the plan of the enemy! God!!!! Hear my voice , set back any evil assignment over his life. This baby will be his redemption! His breakthrough ! His living proof that you have heard all his cries!...."

I grip his hand tighter .

"Amen" Pastor Taylor says , Lando repeats and then the church follow.

He doesn't let go of my hand, when he looks over at me his eyes tell me he also needed this as much as I did.

"Church girl" he smiles .
My heart melts....

We walk back to our seat.

"Wow" he says looking down at my stomach.

I don't know what to say, I am lovestruck.

He's here...

All that matters is that he is here...

Author's Note : Lando is Baaaacccckkk!!  😍🙏🏾
Let's hope they can work things out