Chapter 72

Lando's POV
6:00 am

I toss a little in the bed , something is stopping me from moving my limbs freely forcing me to open my eyes to see what is it.

Well not something, but definitely someone.

Yanique's entire body covers a faction of mine. I manage to gently move her hands but before I could escape she clings on to me tighter. My head falls back on the pillow in defeat.

Well mi guess mi na move until she decide fi let mi guh.

Moments later the sunlight begins to penetrate the transparent windows. At this point I can only think about to drop the blinds still not being able to move a muscle.

I take the opportunity to watch the sunrise.

It's a blessing to see another one of these, especially now in a time when I have so much to look forward to.
If only life would remain this peaceful, but I already know when I get back from this vacation it's time to face my reality.

This time, the guilt weighs heavier on my chest. After I came clean to Yanique about everything the burden was lifted from off my shoulders but now I'll have to carry this around knowing that I still have skeletons inside my closet after looking the woman I love in the eyes and promising her a clean start.

Fuck.

Time will eventually catch up on me and soon I'll have questions to answer but for now I'll choose to play the cards I was handed.

Lawrence flight is today. With both of us here in Jamaica business has been on a pause for a few days so by tomorrow I should receive the leads when he's settled in England.

Mi just wah duh dis and cut. However Lawrence choose fi use blood money manipulate the corrupt government fi have him own way , is fi him business. By now I have done more than enough, looking out for him in this way will no longer be my responsibility.

Yanique shifts underneath my arm and I snap back to reality. She looks up at me in a questionable way.

"Are you okay" she then ask.

I smile.

It is starting to become harder to even hide my emotions around her, since now she seems to see right through me. If my tone of voice changes she notices. She reads me so well.

"Yea man" I kiss her forehead. She's not convinced one bit. She sits and looks over at me. Now that my body is free , my limbs feel extremely numb.

Her eyes then move from me to the windows and she gasps in awe.

"Wow! Babe it's even more beautiful in the morning" she tells me as she looks outside. We are surrounded my nature and she is absolutely right. The view is much better in the morning.

I get out of bed and stretch

"Get back in bed please" she whines.

My eyes travel from her mouth to her neck, then her stomach.

Fucking goddess.

"Mi aguh mek a quick call and fawud" I reach for my phone from the wooden table. I turn back around just in time to see her roll her eyes at me.

"Wah dat fah?" my voice mask with concern.

"Why do you need to keep attending to your phone privately Lando ? You've been this way since you've been back" she release her distress, I had no idea she was feeling this way.

"Wah ya try imply ?" I sit at the edge of the bed and stare at her.

"Nothing." She frowned and her anger changes to worry.

I can tell from the way her brown eyes lower not being able to look at me.

I get up and dial Jackson's number.

He picks up on the second ring and I put the phone on speaker.

"Everything set for 12?" I ask. Yanique eyes brighten as she looks at me curiously but happy enough that I decided to stay in the room while I speak on the phone.

"Yes, we are all set and ready to go Mr. Hamilton"he tells me.

"Good" I hang up and put away the phone.

It's 7:40 am now, we have a few hours to spare. She can soak up the beauty of this place while deciding what to wear to the boat ride later.

"Yuh still trust mi Yan?" I get back into bed next to her. This conversation is one we shouldn't be having right now, I always thought she did despite everything.

"I do, I trust you enough to know you'll never bring danger our way, that you will always put our family first. I trust you Lando."

One of the strongest person I know, I have to give it to her. Not many would be able to stick by my side, I've given her hell and still she's here ready to go to war if she has to.

Her body aches for me, I can tell by the way she presses her thighs together and curl her toes. Her eyes become a lot more lustful by the sec. She's just not bold enough to ask for what she wants.

I won't fuck her in here, not when we have so many other options.

I've never fucked her in a pool, maybe we should try that today.

I catch myself staring at her boobs, I clear my throat.

"Fawud mek wi guh consume some food"

Her body sinks in disappointment, definitely not the words she wanted to hear.

Greater things are in store fi lata baby...

I smile.

Yanique's POV

His muscular hands wrap around my neck and he stares at me through the mirror, watching me brush my teeth.

"Hurry up nuh" he slaps my ass and spit the water out of my mouth into the sink.

"Babe that hurt enu!" I truthfully say.

I can still feel the sting for crying out loud!

He laughs, satisfactorily.

With Lando watching me like a hawk I barely have enough time to comb my hair, the lace on my wig needs a little touch up but I overlook it and put back on my bonnet.

I finish up and we both walk outside where breakfast is already set for us. Who did this?

One thing about these outings , I'm never lucky enough to see the chef who prepares our meals. The steam coming from the peanut porridge is evidence that the meal was served a few minutes ago.

The view out here is simply magical, the different shades of green trees are like art. The kind you'll see in the movies... I take a pic before I sit next to him.

"She already left, you'll probably catch her tomorrow morning" he answers my unasked question regarding the disappearance of the chef.

I giggle and dig into the scramble eggs. They are fresh and warm just the way I like it, no seasoning. Since I've been pregnant I can't stand the sight of an omelette anymore .

Lando is demolishing his food, damn he doesn't even chew.

"A wah?" He catches me looking at him.

"Nothing" I quickly say and he smirks.

After we are done having a feast , I suddenly feel nauseous. I first thought it's a feeling I can shake but it gets worst, I stop hearing the words from Lando's mouth and all I can focus on his getting to the bathroom on time so I don't make a mess.

"Babe yuh good?" He ask sounding worried.