*Chapter 36*

Lando's POV

Something is puzzling her , what is it now?
She is standing next to me in awkward silence, like she is suddenly reconsidering something.

Choosing me ?

Having my child?

I hissed while rubbing my hands over my head. I didn't mean to come off so vulgar but Yanique doesn't make it easy for me to always keep my cool with her.

"Get some rest" I tell her, hoping she doesn't fight me on this too.

She has a long drive tomorrow and I could use the rest also, I've had enough on my plate for one day.

I watch as she gets back on the bed and lay next to me without making so much as a sound.

Only if she knew how much is at stake for me, I've spared her dad's life and I can only imagine what the talk in the streets will be like when word gets out.

About a hour has passed by and I'm still not able to close my eyes. Yanique is fast asleep, I can tell by her slight snores that she was really tired.

I look over at her laying next to me , she looks so peaceful. I then decide to leave the room so mi can go roll up mi weed. At least find an escape for a few minutes.

9:00 am .....
Sunday

Yanique's POV

"You sure you don't want me to pick you up ? It's early so we would still be on time" Jessica begs me to attend church with her today but I can't build up enough courage to face what is there awaiting me.

My parents.

Their judgment.

The awkward stares .

"I'll join the zoom youth meeting tonight Jess, and we can go to the praise and worship concert that's coming up" I say, trying to sound excited about the events I unfortunately don't want to be apart of anymore.

This is an odd feeling.

I randomly remember what Lando said when we just started dating about having a church inside your heart , even though I know it's not the right way ... today I want to do my own worship at home.

"Okay , so you're leaving today right?" she then ask. I toss around on the empty bed , still upset that Lando didn't sleep next to me last night when suddenly I hear his mother's voice.

I burry my face in the pillow next to me.I hate when we are on bad terms and someone is around to sense the tension between us. Lando is way too blunt to put on a show for anyone, not even his mother.

Why couldn't Miss Wright visit when we were lovey dovey ? Now her son can't even stand being next to me!! Which means she'll have questions that I don't have answers for.

On the brighter side , I can get to surprise her with the only good news I've had in awhile. I was planning on making a stop at her house before I head out of town.

"Yes I'm leaving soon actually but I'll call you before I do..." I check the time.

It's now 9:13 am... I should get out of bed.

"Jess I'll call you later , I'm gonna get out of bed and kick start my day"

"Okay ...lata den" she says before she hangs up.

Everyone who knows me , knows that I'm not a morning person ... not even close. I stretch my legs before I get off the bed then make my way to the bathroom to take my shower.

Lando's POV

Mum has been going at it for a few minutes now, I would think Yanique gives me a headache but my mother seems to be twice the pain when she is pissed.

"Take your inheritance and leave this place Lando, nothing nuh deh ya fi you! Yanique will be done with university in the next few months. Start fresh somewhere else. You have too much to lose now" she trails me to the kitchen where I take a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

I'm not even thirsty but I guess my attempt to walk away from her has failed because here she is now, shadowing me.

Yeah, twice the fucking headache!
But still my old lady.

"Even if I wanted to leave mum , I wouldn't need a penny from his money and you know that too. Just relax , I have this figured out and you can't just run wid everything that's in the streets..."

I don't know who di fuck tell her I'm now a person of interest, news gets around quicker than hot bread and I can bet this time it's Miss Grace, probably trying to put fear inside her but it wouldn't make any sense to share that kind of news to a mother about her son unless her real aim is to scare me .

I admire the effort but it would take a lot more than words to do that... her man nuh show her mi file too?

"Mi don't feel good about this one bit , from mi get the call from Gracie last night mi don't sleep. Mi did have fi make Gracie carry Jade guh church this morning so mi can stop by and talk to yuh Lando..." my mother tells me.

Mmmm... miss Gracie!

I don't mind Yanique's parents trying to tarnish me and using religious beliefs as an excuse to do so but using my baby mother and my mother to put pressure on me is far fetched,besides I know enough to not be phase by this. All of which I can't share with my mother nor Yanique and I can tell my nonchalant behavior as been driving them crazy thus far. Which was never my intention.

Yanique walks into the room and my mother instantly stops talking in a much too obvious way , I can tell Yanique knows something is off already.

I glance at her , trying not to make eye contact for too long. I don't know why, but I can't face her with even the slightest thought of wanting to murder her father.

"Yan how are you doing ?... how far along are you" my mother turns around to ask her.

Fuck!

Yanique looks over at me with wide eyes, seeking some kind of explanation and I then realize she is holding the envelope in her hand .

The surprise was suppose to be today.

I knew she would be sad when she found out my mother already knows she's pregnant and she didn't get a chance to surprise her with the news , especially now that she is about to find out how exactly mum found out this news , it certainly wasn't from me.

"Your mother told her already" I tell Yanique but still not meeting her eyes, this time it's because I don't want to see the look of disappointment in them hence the reason why I just couldn't tell her earlier.

Mi probably should a tell mum fi pretend like she nuh know a ting.

"Ofcourse she did" Yanique rolls her eyes before handing mum the envelope.

She's really big on surprises , I've come to understand she loves creating these little memories and it makes me even angrier that her parents had to come and ruin this too.

My mother opens the envelope and takes a close look at the sonogram. Her beautiful smile forms from ear to ear. She looks up at Yanique then pulls her in for a hug .

"You aren't even showing yet , 4 weeks! This is exactly how Gracie looked when she was pregnant with you, she wuda put on all a di weight ina her face and hips but not in her belly until she was around 5 months in" She says , I haven't thought about it until now , Yanique's weight gain is mostly in her lower body.Wider hips and her ass looks a lot more fatter but her stomach just looks slightly bloated at the bottom, you couldn't tell a baby is onboard.