*Chapter 42 *

"Fuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkk!" I slam my fist into the concrete wall.

Why her father never just stay out of this?
Dead or alive him still aguh mek it complicated fi mi and Yanique. This feel like a fucking curse.

Mi cya ask any a di man dem fi sit dis one out because mi already know Lawrence words a law to dem , and nuh man nuh wah disobey dat.

"Babe.. are you okay? Open the door" I hear Yanique from the opposite side of the door, banging. I try to recollect myself before I open it.

She walks in and hugs on to me.

"Babe ... talk to me , what's wrong ?" Her bright eyes look up at me.

I know by tomorrow she'll be devastated by the new and I can't begin to imagine how she'll feel if she found out I'm behind all of this. The amount of burden it would put on her during her pregnancy. For the first time I can picture myself carrying guilt.

"Just bad news , business and family... noting mi cya handle suh don't worry bout it"

I kiss her forehead before I press hers against mine.

"You should stay in Kingston for awhile, no more weekends in Mobay for now" I tell her and as soon as the words escape my mouth she lets go of me and steps back.

With her eyes now wide open , she looks at me in shock.

"Why all of a sudden you think I should ?" She ask in disbelief.

"I don't want you to do the excessive traveling, I'll come visit"

What I meant to say was , I don't have a good feeling about what is going on in Flanker and if there is one thing I can do to make her happy and safe even if it means sacrificing my own happiness ,I will do it.

Mi done accept di fact seh mi cya have it all in life.

After all,who mi did a try fool? I saw it coming , nothing good can come from this.

"But the whole idea of me traveling is because you are normally occupied with work in Mobay or Negril so why all of a sudden you decide to drop this on me?"

Ahhh babe , don't make it any harder on me.

She is absolutely right on that but there is so much more she needs to consider like her and our child's safety . I'm pretty sure her father must have considered his death being the outcome of this investigation, then what next ?

Mi just cya chance any danger coming her way.

I take a long pause trying to think of something to say.

"That's not it right ... you're worried about my dad, you think I'll meet in the crossfire?, what are you planning Lando" she steps away from me. Fear glints in her eyes and they become watery.

I shut my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose then I sit on the bed ,release a lengthy sigh of frustration.

One lie after another ... they just keep coming.

She doesn't deserve this.

"Just until mi kool off some steam Yanique ... please , I'll be here every chance I get" I ignore her question, I don't have a plan as yet and even if I did I wouldn't share it with her.

"No! ....Noooo! You wouldn't do such a thing Lando, you wouldn't dare to think of hurting my Father. Despite everything he is still my dad" the tears roll down her cheek and her voice overflows with pain, denial and ...hurt.

I freeze , for a moment my mind zones out and all I can hear is the ringing sound inside my ear.

"Give me your word!" She pleads

I tap back into what's taking place.

My word ?

The big man above knows I couldn't manage to use my words to make her believe me, it would take more than that for her not to see through my lies this time.

I know what I have to do , once again I find myself in this game too deep and now is not the right time to walk away. Logically it doesn't make any sense. With the police and solider on my tail now I will need as much insight as I can get and that means I need links, which comes back to me being associated with the Marksman gang. I just can't call on them when I need help and not pledge my alliance to them.

In a flash I pull her over to me on the bed , "Action speaks louder than words" I say.

"Okay, I trust you"She tells me with tears welled up in her eyes.

Her words bore holes inside my heart.

I kiss her stomach then kiss her lips as a reminder of why I'm choosing to not give into my temptation.

Jah know Mr. Big man ... help mi get thru deh one ya fada

Monday 9:32 am

"Good luck pan di exam.. mash it up fi wi" I say as I hold Yanique from behind and gently rub her stomach.

I then smooch her cheek and slap her ass trying to get a reaction from her. She hasn't said much last night after everything, which is unlike her.

"Okay I will" she turns around and gives me a peak on my lips then takes her handbag from the chair.

"Want mi carry home something fi yuh eat?"

"Yeah" I say while scraping off the remains of the scramble eggs from Yanique's plate .. she didn't consume much for breakfast. I was hoping we wouldn't be back to this. Maybe stress is the caused of her lost of appetite.

"What should I bring ?" She ask.

"Just bring di pussy come .. dat suppose to be enough fi lunch and dinner" I look over my shoulder and smirk at her. She laughs , standing at the door about to leave.

"Lando!" She warns me.

At least she smile.

I take another look at her... I can't help realizing that her uniform fits a little too tight, all the more reason to take it off.

"Gwan before yuh late"

If the situation wasn't crucial I'll ask her to stay a few more minutes. I love having her around and since she has been pregnant my protective instincts have intensified. I don't ever want her out of my sight.

Is it too late for her to take the test online?

"Okay ... love you" she blows me a kiss .

"Love yuh like mi life"

The front door closes and immediately begin to look around for my phone, I need to make a call urgently. With Yanique being gone I can now have this discussion and sort things out the right way.

I find my phone on the couch , that's odd.
I don't remember leaving it there, I dial Mr Huggins number.