*Chapter 17*

Yanique's POV

"We are okay mom , why you think we would be in Flanker at this hours?" I ask nervously. My heart is pounding in my chest . After I answered her call I realize I got 6 missed calls from Lando's mother.

What does everyone know that I don't.

My legs are weak so I sit and brace myself for what is about to come.

"Lando gang at war with Rose Heights man. How you suppose to live ina house wid him and don't know shit about that man!" My mother argues, I want to tell her she is wrong and that Lando is here with me but I don't think my mother would make all of this up to jeopardize my happiness.

She was partially right when I heard her talking on the phone about him being involved in a shooting. My dad is a soldier so my mother is always on point with what goes on in Flanker.

"Lando's gang ?" That's all I manage to ask.Is this really happening?

"Marksman gang Yanique ! He is a memba and dem a kill off each other down deh because of scamming money! , how can he be so inconsiderate to not tell you all of the details. Mi warn yuh enu ..." the words trail through the phone speaker but they hit deaf ears because at this point I'm zoned out.

Speechless and numb.

I can literally hear my heartbeat.

I end the call and storm inside.

Where is he ?

I open the bedroom door , I see Lando getting dress with his phone pinned between his shoulder and right ear. He is sitting on the bed putting on his black timberland.

There's a sharp pain in my stomach and tears flow down my face.

So this is true. Why is he getting dressed, is he going to take part in what is going on in Flanker.

"Nuh seh 40 ... mi a shub out" he takes his gun and tucks it inside his waist. Then ends the call and pocket his phone.

It is true Yanique. My subconscious tells me.

My heart sinks.

Then his eyes meet mine. I can't read him, I don't know who he is. He quickly look away and pushes pass me as he exists the room without an explanation. I don't even deserve that much!

Moments later I hear the sound of his bike engine and that's it.

He left , and he took apart of me this time. I am devastated, my heart feels like it has been shattered into small pieces.

I don't know what makes me sadder , my mother having the ' I told you so' moment or Lando hiding all of this from me.

Scamming money
Gang member
Killing

I lay on the bed and cry my eyes out until there are no tears left.

Literally none! All I can do is sob.

Lando's POV

Can't go do this with Yanique deh pan mi mind.

I couldn't stop to explain because I know it would only make things worst , given the timing and what I have to do despite her knowing or not.

It's like nothing good nuh suppose to come my fucking way ... I wish I met her earlier or in another lifetime where I was the guy suitable for her . No bomboclaat secrets just mi and her.

But this is the card I was issued , God has his favorites and unfortunately I am not one of them.

I pull up to the studio. Busshead car is parked at the entrance and he is sitting on the bonnet next to Ziggy.