*Chapter 9*

Yanique POV
I toss in my bed. The sheets smell unfamiliar, but very refreshing.

"She good mum!" I hear Lando's voice.

Lando's voice !

I begin to panic , mi swear mi almost catch a heart attack.

I jump out of his bed.

I am not home! I'm still at his house and it is now morning. All facts register in my head .

This is bad , actually this is a nightmare. I was suppose to get back home last night .

I realize I'm wearing his T-shirt. It fits me like a dress. This is not what I was wearing last night. We did it ? We had sex . The reality rushes back and I suddenly feel sick.

I am unmarried, and partaking in sex !

"I need to see her!" Another familiar voice shouted. My mom!

My mother is here, in Lando's house .

I need to get dress. I look around for my clothes but they are nowhere to be found. Oh my god , he must have left it by the pool side. The more I start to remember the little details about last night is the more my head spins.

"Yanique is not a child Miss Grace and she gov" Lando yells. Lando is standing his ground and my mom is not backing down, Lando is probably her least favorite person which means I need to get out there before it escalates.Can it even get any worse ?

I rush to the bathroom and grab a toothbrush, it is the only one I see. I quickly brush my teeth and wash my face. I know the matter is urgent but I don't wish for him to see me looking crusty.

I hastily dry my face with a towel and make my way to the living room.

"Mom , why are you here?" I am both embarrassed that my mother would come to his house and humiliate me like this in front of him and also that she is seeing me in his clothes. Which makes it hard for me to deny what happened last night.

I swallow the lump in my throat .

Lando leaves the room, giving us time to talk. Why did he even let her in!

How was he suppose to know I sneaked out and I have parents that treats me like a child!!!!

The real question should be how did my mom connect the dots , but leave it to her to play detective.

I grow furious at my mom who is now staring at me in disgust , judging me.

"Why am I here! Betta yuh tek yuh clothes and mek wi leave wid di likkle dignity yuh have lef" she whisper yells.

I will not do this with her. I get that what I did was wrong but what she is doing right now is not okay. I am an adult and I have never felt like I am living my life , it has always been what she wants for me and never what I want for myself. How dare she looks at me like I am a piece of dirty cloth.

"I am not leaving. I am twenty two years old mummy. Not a child anymore , I can ...."

"Yuh think dis man want yuh Yanique!!! Look at him, him goodly a use yuh like every other woman weh pass through this house . I didn't raise you to be this way, where is your pride ?"

How did I lose my pride for wanting to be with him?
She should know better than to judge a book by it's cover, this man makes me feel something I've never felt before, spare me the biblical things.

Her words have really did a lot of damage to me, I don't recognize her anymore. She is full of so much ....hate and resentment towards me.

"I am not young and naive . I came here because I want to and I am sorry about the way I went about it but how else could I have left the prison you and daddy call a home? The only time I have ever felt like an adult is when I am staying in Kingston! You and daddy live mi life fi mi like I don't have a say. It is my life mummy , not yours . Not his. Mine!"