Chapter 86

Lando's POV

8:30 am
Saturday

I'm done getting dressed so I head to the kitchen to see what Yan is up to before I leave.

"You not gonna have breakfast with us?" Yanique ask . I look at her then at my mother who is now gently rocking Laden in her arms.

I take a bottle of water from the fridge.

"No, mi a try move swiftly suh Mi can reach back in time before mum ave fi leave" I instantly sense the change in her demeanor.

If mum neva deh ya she goodly wuda mek a fuss about this.

I did notify her from last night that I'm going on the road but that doesn't seem to lessen her aggravated.

"Likkle man" I walk over to Laden and his bright eyes look at me. Seem like him get bigger by the day.

I take one last look at him , before I hug my mum.

I kiss Yan on the cheek then leave, I can feel her eyes on me as I walk through the door. Something has been off since I mentioned linking with my bredgin.

Perhaps I should have kept that to myself, my intention was harmless so I didn't see a reason to hide anything from her.

Isn't this what she asked for? For me to be transparent with her, but now she doesn't seem to appreciate my effort.

Ten minutes later I pull up to the bar where I'm expected to meet Busshead. I haven't been on this side in months, I just never had a reason to chill here like I use to back in the days when I was one of Mobay's biggest scamma.

"Balla ah you dat babes?" Kim, the bartender greets me as I walk in.

Can't tell when last I've heard someone referred to me by that name, everything seems so foreign and it causes me to double check my surrounding.

"Yuh good B?" I walk over to the bar-counter.

Busshead joins us ,I knew he was already here keeping an eye out for me.

"Yeah babe , mi a keep a fish fry Satdeh ...like how yuh deh ina di place again yuh can come gi mi a support" Kim says then she hands me a flier and I take a quick look at it.

I then take out a few thousands from my pocket and put it on the counter with the flier .

"Na guh deh ina di area suh hold on pan dis as mi support" I say

"Big up yuh self Balla" she thanks me before I walk away.

"Pan di roof wi a chill" Busshead tells me and I walk up the staircase, following him.

"Wi?" I ask.

"No man, just Clarks deh a foot bro. Mi know yuh nuh like di crowd"

I wasn't aware of this , even three is a crowd for me. When I get there my eyes scan the place.

The area is very sheltered and private, there are a few bottles of Hennessy on the small table.

A few chairs are stacked up in the corner, along with boxes . You can tell this isn't the usual set up for a spot like this.

"Mi faaaaddaaa!!!" Clarks shakes my hand.

"Ya deal wid mi blood?" I greet him.

I take a chair and sit.

"Suh wah di pree now?" I turn to face Busshead.

"Wah yuh know bout Huggings ?" He ask and I stand swiftly. My adrenaline pumps and my concern for where this will go exhaust me.