*Chapter 16*

Yanique's POV

"We can go shopping for the apartment tomorrow, you can stay by my place tonight." Patrice says excitedly as I drive through Mona community.

I love how we share common grounds and she is genuinely happy for me. I finally got the apartment and all that is left to do is go furniture shopping and move in. I don't think I want to take any of the furnitures from my parent's house.

Rightfully they are mine because I bought them but I want a clean start.

I would love to stay here in Kingston with Patrice for another day and take her up on her offer but Lando would go nuts if I dropped this on him so sudden , plus I must admit I miss him already.

"Girl I don't know about that , perhaps I can go shopping in MoBay and let the movers bring the furnitures to Kingston"

We are now on our way to Chilitos to get food after looking at the apartment. I can't wait to tell Lando all about it.

"Okay not a bad idea" Patrice says sounding a little disappointed. Speaking of Lando , he is calling . I lost count of how many times he checked in on me since I left his house.

"Girl you have that man head away." Patrice smiles at me, I give her a pleading look so she knows to be quiet before I answer Lando's call.

"Babe how far yuh reach?" He ask .

I didnt tell him I was going to make a stop before I head back to his house but I don't think I have to run everything by him, especially not something this minor.

"I am on my way to Chilitos to get food, then I'm gonna drop Patrice home and head back" I tell him.

Hope Road Traffic is horrible at this time of the day .

"Where she live ?"

"Ambrook Lane,why?"

Patrice looks over to me, she is as concerned as I am.

"Yanique... a lady driving a Range Rover in the garrison is not a good look and mi nuh like di idea of you being there.It is almost dark!"He lashes out.

It is 5:34pm .

I am sure I will be perfectly fine. I don't want to argue with him now, my friend is here and the last thing I want is for her to feel uncomfortable.

I try to play it off.

We arrive at the restaurant and I park in the first empty slot my eyes glance. Eager to get out of the car so I can have space to talk to Lando.

"Yanique!" He says bitterly.

"Patrice give me a minute I'll be there in a second." I tell her as I step out of the vehicle.

"Lando what is your problem ? I am literally just going to drop her off , I didn't say I was planning on staying there. Why are you so paranoid!"

I am irritated.

"Leave her out a di front a di lane , she know her place so she can walk go round...."

"But.." I try to interject

"Yanique!" He warns me.

"Okay ... fine! Just know this is not us coming to an agreement like adults , you are back to being controlling"

Not that he cares. Once's he gets his way then that is all that matters.

"Just hurry up and come home to me ... that's final."

It kills me how he can be so difficult to deal with. I roll my eyes and end the call.

Lando's POV