Chapter 91

Yanique POV

Friday

Last night was magical , Lando and I had an amazing time unwinding in the backyard, we listen to his favorite playlist and had red whine while we talked about our differences.

I'd definitely say he knows how to set the mood just right and just like that we both apologized and took accountability.

Today I'm heading into the town to grab a few things for Laden, after having a discussion with Lando last night we both came to the agreement that I should stay in Kingston this week for my finals and even though I'm not thrilled about the situation I try to keep positive.

I want to make my son proud! So I must do right by him , I need to get this degree so he can see his mommy making big moves.

I put on my black jeans shorts and white slim fit buttoned down shirt, I match it with my white YSL slides and my white bag.

Next I spray on my favorite perfume , Jimmy Choo.

I'm all set and ready to go.

"How do I look" I spin around and Lando uses his eyes to analyze my outfit.

"Jeans pants would look much better, the loose fitting ones"

I just got a little confidence back , pregnancy made me feel so insecure about my body so I deserve going out in whatever I like.

I frown.

He kisses my cheek then continues setting up the baby monitor he recently bought online. This way we are able to see and hear Laden from our bedroom.

I am in a rush but I make sure to give Laden a peck on the cheek first. He's in his swing chair, he seems to enjoy watching the toys hang over his head .

"I love you ... I love you ... you love me ?" I baby talk to him.

"Babe I'll be back , call me if you need anything" I kiss Lando. This is the first he hasn't pressed me too much about my outfit, he hasn't say another word to follow up.

"Make sure your windows are up all the time and watch your surrounding"  

I nod and playfully salute him, he shakes his head.

"Yan mi serious"

"Me too sir" I laugh then leave.

It's almost Aries season so that means Lando's birthday is coming up soon, I'm super excited ! He likes birthday celebrations but we share a different taste in that.

He's more likely to rent out a club and have his friends and family there to help him celebrate, he once told me he had a boat party and spent the week in Negril for his birthday when he was a college student.

I can't see how I'll match up to any of those but I can try. I was thinking something simple , just us and our son and then a little get away in the night.

Few hours later I arrive to Fontana. I already know I'll spend hours in here , I always end up getting more things than I bargained for.

Lando's POV

I open the message from my mother , it is a voice note. I hit play.

"Reports are in that around 3:45pm today a policeman was fatally shot and killed in Flanker, Montego Bay. Officer James was active on duty when a white Toyota van approached him and opened fire , two of his colleagues were injured and rushed to hospital where they are now undergoing treatment. Antony Brown, TVJ news"

I don't know how to respond to her message , this is her way of telling me I should be careful. I don't watch the news but I'm always up to date because she doesn't miss a day.

Just like that , it has started.

The endless cycle of violence and revenge.

Unlike me , my brother had a good relationship with my dad which explains his reason for picking up where he left off.

He hasn't been taking the news too well after finding out all that he needed to know about Huggins but if there is one thing I do know ,is that this will not end well.

I thought he would be leaving the country , that would be the fucking smart thing to do until this thing squash as we have previously discussed but Lawrence is too stuck in his ways to even listen for once.

Will it ever squash though?

I text him , Link me urgently

A hour and couple minutes has gone by very quickly while I anticipate Lawrence arrival. A strange car pulls up to my gate and I immediately receive a call from him notifying me that he is outside. I buzz him in and he parks his vehicle in the garage.

"Wah gwan ina di place ? Why di fuck yuh nuh liff up yet fam?" I ask concern.

We both walk inside the house.

"Mate I can't greet my nephew first ?" He laughs and pushes pass me.

"Him a sleep" I say.

"Huggins link you , or he is too busy choosing his favorite casket?" He jokes and the look inside his eyes is as vicious and cold as the Vikings. He takes pleasure in hunting and he doesn't fear death.

I don't find the humor in this , I have a family to think about and that includes him. Lawrence seem to have already made peace with what is to come.

"Lawrence!" I warn.

He sighs and then answers his phone.

"WhatsApp mi di pictures ... mek sure him muma head lef pan di groung"

He hangs up and instantly his notifications go off like a hotline. I take a look at the phone screen and my mood changes, I feel like I'm suffocating.

My eyes zoom in on the most blood curdling things I've seen, I have done my fair share but this one was remorselessly painful to see.

"Suh it's a fucking bloodbath now ? Then wah?" I shout . I want to believe Lawrence has a plan , but this seem too personal for him.

"You think this bloodclaat man can kill wi fada and prey on us since we were kids ! He has waited years to kill me and then you! Mi aguh murdaaa everyone a him family mate until him come out of hiding"

"Wi ave a plan Lawrence ! It neva involve killing him bloodclaat mada and sista!!! Incase yuh figet di plan was to wait until him get di message and about fi leave fi country Jada give yuh him traveling information and then wi murda him before him even tink fi step foot pan fi plan! Yuh a fuck up everything now!!!"

Yanique's car pulls into the yard and we know this is where the conversation has to end.

As soon as she gets inside the house , I remember how much I have to lose but someone has to knock sense into my brother's head.

"Heey Lawrence , you stop by to see your nephew?" She smiles and hugs him. Always so fucking bubbly even when the world is falling apart.

"For the last time. I'm leaving for awhile" he smiles at me.

They both walk to Laden's room.

I stay in the living room thinking, when I look at Lawrence all I see is detachment.

Not even mi cya seem fi help him shake dis off.