Chapter 67

Yanique's POV

1:56pm

We pull up to my house and make our way to the back yard... the music gets louder as we get closer.

The first thing my eyes spot is the 'boy or girl' sign.

This is really happening..

I look around.

Wow!
Jessica and Patrice have certainly outdone themselves!
Everything looks magical ! They surly did not stick to the budget , this looks like it cost an arm and a leg.

"You're here!!!" Patrice runs over to me and then Jessica comes squealing as she joins in on the hug.

"I love it!" My eyes get teary.

"Don't cry and spoil the make up" Patrice giggles. I try to wipe away my tears before they escape my eyes.

I am truly blessed to have these people around me. Everyone looks amazing and eager as I am.

I walk around to greet a few of Lando's family members

I walk around to greet a few of Lando's family members. It's such an amazing feeling to see the people he grew up with here celebrating with us.

I say hi to Miss Reid , she looks stunning in her white pants suit. I'm glad to see everyone stocked to the all white dress code. Even Lawrence who wanted to wear pink.

I greet his uncle Jeff who I met before in Kingston.
He brought his two sons who are so well mannered and looks so much like him.

"Miss Emma ... you finally get to meet Yanique"
Lando tells the beautiful elderly lady who is staring at me in awe.

She is so well put together , it makes me feel like I need to check if I have any food on my teeth before I smile at her.

"Hi ..nice to meet you" I stretch my hand out to her.

"Don't be silly" she says before she pulls me in for a tight hug. She smells like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle perfume. Her British accent is thick just like Lawrence.

I wonder who is she to Lando. He does seem to have the outermost respect for her.

"I've heard so much about you, you look even better in person" she compliments me.

"Thank you" I wish I could say more but unfortunately Lando hardly tells me anything about his family.

Lando excuses himself , I can't help noticing how polite he is around her.

"He never mentioned me , did he?" She asks in a whisper and then giggles.

I smile awkwardly.

"Unfortunately no, I would have loved if he did" I say truthfully.

"Probably because he met me in one of his darkest times as a child but that story is for another time. I was his caretaker once, he's like the son that I never had for my husband and I" she briefly brings me up to speed.

I look over at Lando having a conversation with his brother and Jada.

"How's your pregnancy so far my darling?" She then ask.

"A roller coaster , some days I don't know how I get out of bed" I tell her.

"Well the beauty of motherhood will be your reward for all you had to endure during pregnancy"

Her aura is so motherly and calming.

I sense how much she adores the idea of having kids.

"Absolutely" I agree with her.

As time goes by I enjoy conversations with everyone , while listening to music , eating of course , taking part in the silly games my friends came up with and just having a great time.

I've seen the humor in Lando like never before as he too enjoys himself.

I'm still in shock that he even danced a little and I caught him singing to an Alicia Keys song! You'd have to be here to believe it.

"Hello beautiful people" I hear Jessica's voice on the microphone, the music gets low.

Our attention is now on her.

"Thanks for all being here to celebrate this day with Lando and my friend Yanique . Before we get into revealing the gender .. I would like to share a few words with the soon to be new parents." My heart skips a beat.

I sit in the seat assigned for me.

I then find myself not able to stop smiling as I listen to the words coming from Jessica.

"I met you first as a friend , us both being an only child brought us even closer and we then became sisters and now I get to watch you become a mother. I know this journey wasn't one you were planning on for now but we are here and I know you are enjoying every bit of this blessing. I have no doubt that you'll be an amazing mother , cheers to this new chapter Yan! I love you , and I promise to be by your side , being the best aunt to our baby!" She raises her champagne glass.

A tear trickling down my cheek! I can't manage to hold back any longer. Lando holds my hand and then we raise our cups up for Jessica.

She then hands the mic over to Patrice.

"Hey boo! Remember mi tell yuh don't ruin the make up" she jokes and we all laugh.

It just wouldn't be Patrice if she didn't start off by cracking a joke!

"I love you and thanks for having me here with you along this journey! I remember when we first found out you are pregnant, how nerve rocking it was for both of us as you sat in the bathroom in complete shock.. few months and here you are about to find out the gender of our baby! I'm absolutely proud of you and I know you will be the best mom ever!" She says through tears.

Look at who's crying now!

She hands the mic over to Miss Wright then she walks over and hugs me. I listen to a few more speeches , my tears could fill a bucket right now from all this love I'm receiving.

After hearing a few powerful messages from Lando's relatives, it's now finally Lawrence's time.

"Big yuh self Yan... mi wah thank yuh fi take up mi brother ina hand." He laughs, I think that's the most patios I've heard him talk.

He then continues, seeming tipsy " Mate I've seen all the changes and sacrifices you've made to be here , to prepare yourself for this journey... you are already the best father figure I've been around ! No doubt about it, a man that can step up and be present is the true definition of a father and you have shown us all that . Congrats on this new chapter in your life and as long as God gimi breath mate , I'll make sure no danger comes your child's way" he gives the mic over to Patrice and I think the ending of his speech as left most of us speechless. Well expect for his uncle and cousins who cheers a little louder than us.