Chapter 74

Yanique's POV

7:40 pm

The day went by so quick and it was nothing like we hoped. I thought I'd have cute swimsuits pictures ,showing off my baby bomb at this point but instead we spent the day inside playing board game , eating and watching a movie of Lando's choice.

I wouldn't have had it any other way, this is what we both needed. We are now having a conversation that somehow led us to choosing a name for our son.

Finally!

"I don't like Ajax" he says to me with an unpleased expression. I've been trying to play around with his middle name; Ajawni. Still can't come up with anything.

Lando sits at the edge of the bed and place my legs on his lap. He begins to massage my feet, then surprisingly he starts tickling them a little. I giggle.

"Babbbe focus" I laugh uncontrollably, and he stops.

"What about Ajawn?" I then ask.

"Ajawn Hamilton... dat can work" he gets off the bed, still not seeming enthuse. It's as if something has dimmed his mood, I swear he has these mood swings more than I can count.

"What's wrong?" I sit, now perplexed.

"Wen wi reach home wi deal wid dat...kl?" He checks his phone and mute the television.

"I want to discuss whatever is bothering you now, is it the name?" He almost chokes on his laughter. He looks at me like I have grown a third eye then hiss his teeth and makes his way back to the bed. Still holding his phone.

What did I miss?

"Yuh na live ina yuh house Yanique and mi nuh want yuh try fight mi pan dis. Mi understand di circumstances weh lead yuh fi tink yuh did need a new start but mi cya see how it aguh work out wid bringing our child in this world. Two separate house is fuckry"

Oh.

Well this is a lot to digest , I can see why he didn't think this conversation was fitting for the moment. I immediately regret asking.

"We can have this discussion when we get back to your place" I say in a monotone.

"A discussion? Suh yuh plan fi fight mi about this den?" His voice stern. I remain calm and decide to leave the room to get fresh air.

His phone rings and he answers the call, I've never been this happy for the distraction of his phone. I'm in no mood to continue speaking on the topic.

The view outside is breathtaking and just what I needed , I lay in the hammock and open my rope.

Lando's POV

"Dat nuh can deal wid in di night?" I ask.

"Lady P only wuk under di sun not di moon enu fam" Busshead tells me.

"Alright 9 am den" I say annoyed and ready to end the call. I don't like working on anyone's timing , worst finding an excuse to tell Yanique.

I pinch the bridge of my nose. I can feel the frustration creeping up on me now, another run of this bullshit again. I feel like I'm being pulled back into the street life.

"Sunrise mi boss, di Don mek mi know yuh need di full package suh around dat time Lady P wuda expect yuh" he tells me.

"9 am ! Mi nuh duh road 6 am unless mi a mek a duppy" I hang up.

Enough of this orders and bomboclaat rules. One fucking obeah woman nuh suppose to ask fi so much! Mi will pay her di extras if she need it.

I stay inside the room for a few more minutes trying to calm my irritation.