*Chapter 32*

Lando's POV

Who di fuck park ina mi yard.

If I was a regular 9-5 type of person , maybe certain unexpected pop ups would excite me but unfortunately my lifestyle makes me always paranoid and quick to catastrophize.

I look at the Black Honda Civic parked in front my garage, Yanique would never bring someone here without letting me know first but there is no other fucking way someone besides her ,my mom or the helper could get inside my yard.

What if she was forced to open the gate?

I question myself.

Little too extreme, but still there is someone trying to ruin my life so going after her first would be a good way to do so and also a pretty smart way to get access to my whereabouts too.

I pull my Glock 17 from my waist.

Mi cya tek nuh chance, now is not the time to let my guard down and I've seen nuff man lose dem three points this way.

Max starts growling when he sees me ,which tells me there is definitely an unfamiliar face inside my house.

I push open the front door , still aiming my gun... with my trigger finger ready to work.

There is someone standing in the kitchen but the refrigerator door is open and it is blocking the person's face.

Can't tell me that person isn't hearing the fucking dog.

In an instant the refrigerator door closes and my heart skips a beat when the face that is revealed to me is.....Jessica.

Her eyes zoom in on me like a telescope.
She look like her heart come a her fucking mouth. I've seen that look one too many times.

When Mr. death greets you.

Fortunately, now is not her time.

She starts screaming and in seconds I put my gun away.

She lucky mi nuh trigga happy.

Well Yanique did invite someone here without letting me know, I confirm to myself.

Fuck!

"Lando!!" Yanique comes running in the kitchen, her jaw drops when her eyes land on the silver metal resting in my waist.

I pull my shirt over it.

"Mi think yuh... why yuh neva?...fuck!" I baffle with my words like a baby just learning how to formulate a sentence.

Only Yanique can manage fi fuck up mi medz like this.

"Are you okay Jessica" she holds her friend, sounding worried. Jessica is traumatized, I can't blame her but it will pass.At least I hope it will.

"I'm sorry Yow, I thought Yanique was in danger" I finally apologize to her friend , then I walk pass them to head to the bedroom. Not quick enough before Yanique could manage to give me the ' we'll talk about this later' look.

As wi bloodclaat should!

She did so many things wrong today.

Yanique's POV

"He had the gun pointing at me" Jessica says still shaken up at what happened. I can still see the fear inside her eyes. We sit in the couch until she relaxes and I am done apologizing for what feels like the hundredth time but it's still not enough to explain how sorry I truly am.

Why would Lando think I'm in danger?

I mean I get that I should have called him first before I invited over someone but I didn't think this would be the result and I wasn't even thinking straight when I got here. Him pointing a gun at Jessica is just too much!