*Chapter 58*

Lando's POV

The ceremony came to an end around 10 minutes ago.

I can't stop admiring her, how much her stomach as grown. I mean, I have heard but now seeing her in person makes me feel like the luckiest man once again.

She's gorgeous, I can't take my eyes off of her for a second without feeling sadden.

I am now standing outside the church in the parking lot, awaiting my mom. I watch from a distance as Yanique engage in a conversation with her friends while they stand at her car.

It's good to see that she has brought her friends together , I've heard of the trio and again now seeing everything through my own eyes makes me realize how truly happy she has been.

Without me?

"You didn't call and tell me you are back" my mother walks over and hugs me, her worry voice pains my heart. I console her while welcoming her warm affection, that only a mother can give her child.

"Didn't have the time mum... but mi deh ya now" I fix my eyes on her face, her eyes looks weary like the light in them have dimmed.

Something must be troubling her.

Jade has been sleeping throughout the service so now she is resting in my mother's arms .Now grown tired of holding her any longer my mother then rest Jade on the backseat of her car.

Jade fuss a little then falls right back into deep sleep.

"Didn't have the time to text your mother ?" She ask as she close the car door.

"Mum relax, you worry too much." I kiss her cheek and she smiles.

"Good to see you in church today , can't imagine you being anywhere else but here. You coming over for dinner with Yanique later?"  She fix my shirt as she speaks to me, while taking notice of the way I am stealing glances at Yan every chance I get.

She already knows something is off between us, there is no doubt in that. Perhaps Yanique must have confined in her when I was away.

"Yes I'll be there" I quickly accept the invite. Yan didn't say much to me earlier , but I can see her thoughts rotating around her head , there's so much for us to talk about but not here...not in this setting.

"Okay good...we'll catch up then , need to get home and start cook the mutton" she gets inside her van.

I don't know why she won't accept my offer to get her a new vehicle. This one is outdated but she loves it so much.

"Alright ...drive safe mum" I see her off.

I look back over at Yanique , she is now inside her car with her friend Patrice in the passenger seat.

She drives through the gate and her other friend's car follows behind.

I walk back to my Jeep , ignoring the stares as I do so.

Mi can bet this story will be the church's hottest topic fi awhile.

I am yet to understand why this is the place you'll find the most judgmental people. It is like standing on holy ground as somehow granted them that privilege.

As I drive back to my place I begin to think of ways to set aside time for this dinner thing.

I dial my brother's number and he picks up on the first ring.

"Mi aguh fawud a yuh place a little late ....have some tings mi need fi deal wid first" I tell him.

"Handle your business mate"