*Chapter 54*

Lando's POV

Birmingham
Wednesday
12:44pm

"I'm checking the record as we speak and I am yet to see where you've made payment ma'am, you need to make that $500 deposit immediately or else the opportunity to win the grand prize will be past down to someone else. The numbers are climbing!" I say in a persuasive voice , imitating the British accent.

O'Neil stands beside me grinning, ear to ear like a clown. The client nervously assures me that the money will be paid no later than the next couple minutes and just like that a BOA notification pops up on the phone screen.

I then transfer the call over to Zeeks , the person who is in charge of playing the congratulation audio for the client.

"Bomboclaat mate , you still have it" he says sounding amazed.

There was never a doubt, I hate to admit it but scamming is like a fucking skill I can't get rid of.
Now that I've won his bet I get up from around his desk.I have some moves to make so I should get going.

"Yeah mi never lose it" I say to my good friend.

I take up the folders , double checking to see if I have all the files I need to send to Lawrence.

"Everything is there mate. I can assure you that , it should be enough leads for this month" he notifies me, nevertheless I proceed to checking and he chuckles.

We are business partners first before anything else, he very much understands my work ethics. I'm trying to get things done the right way so I can be back in Jamaica no later than today.

Four fucking months here have been far too long , so much awaits me back home.

"All set?"he ask.

"Yeah man.. everything di deh" I move to the door.

"Suh what about di client ? Yuh bingo enu, yuh nuh want your food?" O'Neil laughs, both of us already know the answer.

"Use it renovate the office..in ya look like a bloodclaat storm pass through it"

We both laugh.

It's true, the place looks a mess for a man who makes six figures a week.

Honestly there is only one reason why I'm turning down 500GBP. I'm trying to get out of the game , not return to it. He knows that too, but he wouldn't mind the situation was a lot different.

"Take care a yuh head back enu Balla.." I sense the sincerity in him voice.

Besides from my brother , he's the only one who knows this will be my very last visit here.That information is far too discreet to share with just anyone.I didn't share it with neither of them out of trust,I know too well not to trust my own shadow. In this game dog eat dog and still bloodclaat hungry!

Let's just say in order to leave this game without any strings attach they were the only ones who needed to know about the plan,so it can get done.

I make it back to my car and call Lawrence as soon as I start the engine and leave the complex. I'm now heading to East street to use a burner laptop to send the leads over.

I've never been so eager to finish a mission, probably that's why it feels so fucking long to get it done!

"Yow what's the hold up?" he answers.

"How's Yanique?" I question while pressing on the gas.

I predicted that I can get there around 1:30 the latest, still not in time but it's the best I can do with this traffic.

"She's good mate. She finish moving, have been visiting your mother's house often but that's pretty much the only place she goes to besides from supermarket and food places.No new friends, no new face. Nothing to worry about" he gives me a follow up.

"I need taps on her location as soon as mi land...anything new , make sure mi get that update" I tell him.

"Consider that done mate, so back to business...Things smooth out , money circulating so I just need this last mission completed and as soon as you land in JA , I'll leave "

What! I did my part but what the fuck him mean him a liff up?

"So who aguh in charge of distributing the leads when you cut ?" I am stuck in traffic, I hunk the car horn!

Fuck deh old white gal ya nuh move di car

The light changes and I overtake the car in front of me , time is against me and I don't need any fucking delays today!
I have to catch my flight , no way I'm spending another day in this shithole place!

Another day from Yanique !

Fuck no !

"Uncle Jeff...unless you've change your mind" Lawrence tells me.

"No.. what's the word on the street ? Nobody na question how all of a sudden you give that role to him"

I want to make sure I'm not walking into fire when I get back. I'm dealing with my big brother but as I've said before mi not even trust mi shadow.

Details are essential.

"No that's dealt with , don't question that." He tells me.

I don't press the matter any further as much I feel the need to, but not over the phone.

"Leads in a few more minutes... likkle lata wi chat" I end the call.

Feels like there are so many stones left unturned.

1:40pm

I pull up to the location and Mr. Jackson greets me outside with an unhappy face. I know what that's about , him can leave di complains to someone who cares.

I walk pass him and he follows me to the living room where I find the laptop already on the table awaiting me.

"Lando" his wife , who is like a mother to my brother and I comes inside the room and hugs me.

I'm in a hurry but I set aside time to embrace her.

"Miss Emma...how you look like ya get young suh" I take a look at her and she blushes before she hugs me another time.

"Edward why didn't you tell me Lando was coming over, I would have made us tea... forgive us" she smiles.

It's a lucky thing him neva mek her know , despite the winter I don't like tea.

"No need to , I'm just here for business... I'll be returning home today" I say.

"How's your girlfriend...Lawrence told me she's pregnant! Congrats"

Miss Emma has a way of starting a conversation, you just never know how to buy your way out of it. Mr. Jackson is standing behind her , he taps on his watch indicating that time is against me.

When is it never ?

"Yes .. she's well" I take out my phone and show her a picture of Yanique, she's my Lock Screen.

"Wow! She's absolutely gorgeous...how far along is she?" She admires the picture.

"Next week will make five months..." I steal a look at the picture too, just can't help it.

"Emma...you mind getting us a drink while Lando and I finish up some work. Please?" Her husband ask, saving me but trying not to rub her the wrong way.

"Okay my sweet son, let me get you something to drink and you can get to work" Miss Emma tells me before she leaves.

I get right into it.

Mr. Jackson operates the scanning machine as I type and in no time we are done.

Leaving me two hours to get to the airport.