*Chapter 52*

Yanique's POV

December 5

4 months later.

"Are you able to fit into that?" Jessica ask me graciously.

I roll my eyes at her , "Come help me zip the back please" I beg her and she giggles.

She gets up from around the large pile of clothes laying on the floor ,she then attempts to pull the zipper of my dress. Sadly it doesn't get halfway before the zip breaks.

Fail attempt number 5...but who's counting ?

I look around , already devastated by the condition of my surrounding.

My new house looks a mess.

I form a frown on my face as I think of all the work I'll need to do to get this place looking and feeling like a home.

I haven't been able to settle in and I've been here for two weeks. This is Jessica's fifth visit since week and I greatly appreciate her being here to help.

I decided to move back to Montego since I only have one semester left in college and my hate for Kingston has grown daily. I figured I'll travel for the next few months when the new semester starts. Of course , completely disregarding the warning I had received about doing so but sadly my apartment reminds me so much of him.

Nothing there brings me joy besides from having Patrice around but we'll still be able to spend time and we are good at communicating over the phone.

I felt so detached from my environment and let's just say it became one of my biggest burdens to carry, not that I don't already have enough on my plate to deal with.

" Yan you can always fit these when you lose the weight, you're acting like you'll be pregnant forever" she helps me out of the dress as she tries to brighten my mood.

I haven't been feeling my pregnancy body these last couple of months but I suppose she's right and this is normal , all apart of carrying a bouncing baby around inside of me.

I get dress into my oversized T-shirt,the only piece of clothing that feels comfortable.

"So what's the task for today" Jessica ask, seeming eager to start.

"I just need to finish unboxing the kitchen utensils, pack away the rest of my clothes in the closet, figure away how to organize the shelves .....ahhhm...oh! I need to move those furniture around ,I don't like the look inside the living room" I smile.

Well it seems as if we already have our day made out for us and it's now 11:23am , without any hesitation we get to work. Jessica insists on doing all of the lifting, as I pack the stuff away , taking breaks every 5 minutes to pee!

Gosh ! Nobody talks about how much you pee when you're pregnant.

As the time progress

We clean

Pack away stuff

Talk

And more talk

I ordered shrimp Alfredo for our dinner because neither of us have the strength to cook a meal.

6:15pm

"It nuh turn out bad at all !All you need now are pictures of our baby" she smiles proudly at a job well done as she admires the room.

My bedroom has come together perfectly, everything I imagined it to look like.

"Yes absolutely" I hug her.

"Couldn't have done it without you" I add

"Awww...we'll catch up tomorrow , see if mi can get enough rest fi work" she yawns.

I'm immediately alarmed by the sound of my house phone ringing and I sallow the bitter taste inside my mouth.

"You need me to answer it" Jessica realizes the change in my demeanor.

"No... it'll stop ringing, I'm planning on changing the number ..I just haven't gotten around doing it" I say.

"Yanique ... you know at some point you guys will have to talk ,right?"

I don't wish to talk about anything that has to do with dealing with Lando. I've tried several times and it has been a total disaster for my mental health so for now all I want to do is focus on healing.

"I know Jess" I whisper.

See ! Not even the strength I can't find to talk whenever it comes on to this.

She gives me a sympathy smile.

She takes her bag and car key from the table , as usual I walk her to the door and she hugs me before leaving.

Now since I'm left alone ,surrounded by the four walls of my house I decide to attend to myself, when suddenly I feel the baby move a little inside of me stomach , reminding me I'm not completely alone.

I find myself smiling at a joke only I would understand.

Okay...what to do?

I sit at the table inside the dining area and start making a grocery list for tomorrow. When I'm finished I decide to take a shower and get into bed.

I guess it's just me , the baby and Netflix for tonight.

My cellphone starts ringing, I pick it up and as soon as I realize it's Miss Wright I answer her call.

"Good night Yanique" she sounds bubbly as per usual. I love that about her, she never seems to be having a bad day. She's just one of those people who doesn't look anything like their problem if they ever happen to have any.

"Hey ..Good night" I put away the television remote.

"How are you feeling ?" I can hear how concerned she is about me, it troubles her that I am living alone while pregnant but being a home owner as always been something I want, and it does feel like the fresh start I needed all along.

Miss Wright and I have been in contact regularly, I have assured her I'm doing okay.

"I'm feeling good actually....just a little back pain but I'll be fine"

"Oh ..oh... thankful to hear you doing well nevertheless. You know I'm praying for your strength during this time , keep away from any form of lifting and you should be alright mi darling" her voice is soothing, I'm happy to have her in my life.

"Thanks"

We spend a couple minutes talking about food craving and mostly about her pregnancy experience in which she has given me a few more tips as she goes on.

"Alright mi darling I'm not gonna take up any more of your time. Get some rest and I'll see you tomorrow"

We say our goodbyes and I hang up right in time to welcome the sleep. My eyes become heavy ,well Netflix will certainly have to wait until another time.