*Chapter 22*

2 months later.

Yanique's POV

"Girl everyday we ago eat Tacos?" Patrice fuss. She puts her bag in the back seat then buckles her seatbelt.

I pull out of the parking lot then exit Utech campus. The feeling of leaving school every afternoon never gets old , it is all I look forward to when I arrive in the mornings.

"We only had it twice this week" I pout. I have been craving these since last week. Patrice does have a point I guess.

"Yanique the week just start mum. Today is Wednesday and we had it Monday and Tuesday" she rectifies.

"Okay... okay. Today is the last day . I promise" I tell her as I drive to Chilitos.

I swear they can expect me everyday.

My phone rings.

"Answer it please and put it on speaker" I tell Patrice.

She does as I say. "Yan" my dad is on the other side of the line.

"Hey daddy, what's up?" I wasn't expecting a call from him at this hours, he is normally on duty . We have been mending our bond these past couple of weeks.

It feels wonderful to have at least one parent by my side who respects my growth.

"Nothing much ... just a do a quick check in to see if you a come this weekend"

Oh, I made a promise to Lando to always visit on the weekends when I'm not too busy with school work , he hasn't been to Kingston since I moved here which makes it hard for us to spend much time together.

But I understand that he has work and things aren't going as smoothly as we'd like.

"Yes ... I'll be in Mobay this weekend" I tell him since I already have plans to stop by Lando's house.

"Okay, let me know so we can spend some time. Do a little catching up , how dat sound mi daughta?"

"Fine with me daddy."

"Alright then, take care and travel safe" he tells me.

"Okay love you daddy"

Practice taps on the screen and ends the call for me. We are almost at our destination, I'm so thrilled. Patrice on the other hand is throwing a fit.

"Alright , what you want to eat instead ?" I ask her , her mood brightens as she beams at me.

"I was thinking we can get the Popeyes chicken sandwich"

Just the thought of it makes me want to vomit. I am not trying to be gross but honestly that's the way I feel.

"Okay" I say, sounding disappointed. I was really looking forward to the tacos but I guess I can make adjustments since we normally get the same food for lunch. With the mid semester test coming up , I hardly have time to cook these days . It is mind baffling how college can go from zero to one hundred quick.

Luckily I'm close by Popeyes so I pull into the drive through. There's only one car in front , minutes later we are next and Patrice places the order then collects the food at the next window.

"Girl smell that man" Patrice sniffs the bag and licks her lips. Pretending to be in food Heaven.

I giggle.

The drive back to my apartment takes me 20 minutes. Patrice is staying over until her boyfriend leaves work, she doesn't like staying at his house alone and I don't mind the company.

I pull into the complex and park my vehicle. I've been living here for about two months now and all of this still feels unreal. I still remember when I first got here and how I was excited to move my new furnitures inside.