Chapter 93

Yanique's POV

Monday 7:13am

"Call me as soon as you get there , I want to feel as if I'm there with you guys" I say while Lando puts my last bag inside the trunk of my car.

"Remember the list of questions I wrote down, take the note so you don't forget to ask his pediatrician and babe don't forget the thermos...." I rant.

"Yan ... Yan... mi have dis unda control. Laden will be fine. Just focus on the exam today" he holds me by my shoulders.

Why is it so hard for me to get inside this car, it's not like I'm saying goodbye!

Lando sees the tears inside my eyes and almost forces me inside the car , literally the push I needed before I start sobbing.

He puts on my seatbelt and kisses me.

"Windows up all the time and watch your surroundings"

He kisses me .

I've heard this so many times, I start the engine and without looking back I begin my journey to Kingston.

Lando's POV

I walk back inside the house , as expected it feels empty without her being here and it has only been a few minutes at least.

"A just mi and you now" I say to Laden.

He looks at me clueless. I pick him up and start getting him dressed for his appointment. If there is one thing I can't fuck up, it's definitely getting there on time.

Yanique wuda book a flight from Kingston to Mobay just fi tear mi head off.

"Yuh nuh wah wear this ?" I hold up the Nike onesie and Laden looks away, well that is enough for an answer.

"Wah bout dis ?" I show him the Burberry onesie and he stares at it.

Definitely my son

With at least 30 minutes to spare I am done with getting him dressed and I am ready to go. I take him to the car and strap him in his car seat.

Mek mi send him mother a picture so she nuh call dung mi phone.

We are now on the road and this is slowest I've driven in a long time. Also the first I've ever had the wheels on the bus playing inside my BMW.

Lawrence wuda pay some big money fi have dis pan tape.

Fuck!

Mi figet Yanique's list of questions to ask the pediatrician.

It's too late to spin around now so I guess I'll have to freestyle it when I get there, she has been pestering me about it so by now I remember a few of the questions from the top of my head.

I look through the rear view mirror and check on Laden for a quick second. He is chilling and trying to figure out what the fuck is happening,why is he inside a moving vehicle.

12:45pm

We are all set and ready to head back home. Everything went well , better than I expected.

Mi neva duh too bad fi mi fuss time at all.

I stop at local shop to grab a bottle of herbs for my trip to Negril. This is where I normally get the good stuff.

"Blessings mi fada!" I tell Blacks, the vendor.

It's been awhile since I've made a stop here but this herbal remedy never miss!

Not once.

I continue the drive to Negril, Laden is asleep and I'm tired of listening to Nursery Rhymes but I'm too afraid if I turn the song off he might wake.

I'll spend the night in Negril since by time I'm done with business it will be too late to travel to him.

After a long 2 hours drive I arrive in Negril at one of my Villas and work awaits me. The workmen are here renovating the back yard pool. It has been sometime since I've checked up on this Villa, it was one of my very first projects and after a time it became my least favorite but now I've decided to put some work into it so I can revive the beauty it once had.

I stand next to my car , the windows are slightly cracked so that fresh air gets inside , I also left the air conditioner on. Laden is still asleep but I don't plan to leave him for a second.

"Mr Hamilton" Chris shakes my hand .

He's the project manager.

"How it a gwan ?" I ask.

"Well the entire pump need fi change out now , the plan was to clean it and see how best we could a make it work but the pump has done it's time so right now we a do the measurements and head to the hardware store." He folds his arms and looks over at his workers.

"Just draft up di price sheet and mek di accountant take a look at it when yuh finish buy up di material dem, mi na plan fi stay around fi too long suh mi need fi get dis out a di way...." I say to him and Laden's loud cry cuts Chris off from responding.

"Gimi a second" I open the car door and turn off the air conditioner. Probably the noise was too loud  for him. I take him out of the car.

"Watch ya boss ! Your ute ?" Chris cheerfully ask.

Wah di fuck him think? Mi volunteer fi babysitta?

"Yeah" I realize Laden's diaper is full.

Bomboclaat now! A him mother normally change him.
Not dat mi cya dweet but ....

I sigh.

Remembering I told Yanique I can manage on my own.

I almost laugh at myself and what is about to go down.

"Yuh set mi up" I say to Laden who looks up at me with tears welled up inside his bright eyes.

"Gwan duh unu thing" I tell Chris and I take Laden's bag and close my car door before I enter inside the Villa.

Inside is in great condition, I wasn't expecting anything less. Even though this place wasn't opened for business , I always made sure it got cleaned every two weeks like the other Villas. It is just easier to do a package deal than having to attend to each property separately.